X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s22d09
    replied
    Can I join Company B while Company A files for my H1B petition?

I am currently on my STEM-OPT. My current employer (Company A) has filed for my H1B this April. However, I received an offer from Company B, just a week after Company A filed for my H1B for 2019. I am guessing it is too late for Company B to file for my H1B as it is already passed the filing date for the 2019 H1B filing. So I wanted to know what my options are.

A) Do I need to wait to find out what my H1B result is with Company A before I can move to Company B?
    B) How soon can I join Company B?
    C) If my visa gets approved on behalf of Company A, is there a minimum period that I need to work for them before I can switch to Company B? (6o days or something) If so, will those 60 days be counted from the end of May when I get to know my result, or from October 1st?
    D) Is there any way for me to join Company B asap and have them apply for my H1B even though it is already past the April 2nd filing date? What possible options do I have for joining Company B as soon as possible?

Leave a comment:

• arianaa30
    replied
    H1B grace period is ending and stressed out

I only have 20 days left for my 60 day grace period and no offer yet. I am a PhD holder! How can I find an easy H1B sponsor? Can I work for a restaurant, walmart, etc. ?? Anything comes into mind? Tips and tricks?
    Please HELP.

Leave a comment:

• Info4Visa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ratchi View Post
    Hi,

I have received my H1B in 2017 with X company and it started from Oct 2017 and in Feb 2018 i had a new opportunity and changed to a new employer Y by filing visa transfer.

Now its been only a month and my old employer wants me back and negotiations went well and now i want to move back to my old employer.

Is it possible to move back ? should my old employer file a transfer again ? How long should i wait before another transfer ?

Thanks

Hi

You can get it transferred as many times and in as short span of time as any H1b Wants, there is no restrictions of any kind.
    Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ratchi
    replied
    Need info on H1 Transfer

Hi,

I have received my H1B in 2017 with X company and it started from Oct 2017 and in Feb 2018 i had a new opportunity and changed to a new employer Y by filing visa transfer.

Now its been only a month and my old employer wants me back and negotiations went well and now i want to move back to my old employer.

Is it possible to move back ? should my old employer file a transfer again ? How long should i wait before another transfer ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ashgpta
    replied
    Need information on H1 Filing in US while Employed in India Full-time.

Hi,

I am currently in US on H4 on leave from my current employer. a consultant is willing to file my H1 here.
    My employer in india had filed an L1B individual for me, which was rejected from USCIS this Jan. I have 2 questions:

1. is it okay for this consultant to file my H1 while I am employed full-time in India with my employer?
    2. would the rejection of L1 Individual will impact this H1 Processing, since the filing for L1 was done through my current employer in India.

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ashgpta
    replied
    Need information on H1 Filing in US while Employed in India Full-time.

Hi,

I have a question on getting my H1 Filed from a consultant here in USA.
    I am right now on vacation from my current employer in India and my status is H4 in US. I have a consultant who is willing to file my H1.

my company has filed an L1B Individual for me, which was rejected from USCIS this Jan. I have 2 questions:

1. is it okay for this consultant to file my H1, while I am on H4 status and legally employed in India.
    2. would my H1 results will have any impact from my L1 rejection (through my India employer?)

any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• indianmaster
    replied
    How will late I-983 affect H1-B?

Recently DHS passed certain "compliance regulations" for the STEM OPT extension which require students to report a change of employer within 10 days while a student is on STEM OPT. Its been two months and I haven't reported yet. My employer has taken a long time to generate I-983 (I informed a month late).

Since I am "not in compliance" with STEM OPT reporting requirements, what is the worst that could happen?

There are two options for filing the work visa: change of status and consular processing

Which one should I go for to ensure maximum chances of approval?

Leave a comment:

• mcfcsg
    replied
    Visa application process

Hi ladies and gents,

Im currently working in the Uk as a Greenskeeper/golf course maintenence, I am looking to move over and start work and live in the US, the whole process and the information I have read makes it seem a very difficult and confusing process. I understand that id need a job offer but dont know what visa id have to apply for and how to the whole process works.
    Im wondering if any of you guys and girls would be able to help make the whole process clearer for me to understand what is needed to be done?

Leave a comment:

• aditya123k
    replied
    L2 EAD to H4 EAD

Hi,

I am currently working on L2 EAD and have applied for change of Status (i539) and H4 (EAD) together in June 2017. My wife H1B application is approved on June 29, 2017 (COS from L1B to H1B).

If i don't get the COS approval and EAD (h4) before october 1st , can i continue to work on my existing L2 EAD or will i be out of status?

Will my applications be approved by then?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• nilesh87
    replied
    Withdrawn Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

Hi,

My H1b lottery was cleared in 2013 but I got RFE after that , which my company failed to give documents for the same.

Then ultimately my case was withdrawn.

I want to know whether I can apply for the H1b with same number.

If yes, Can I APPLY from different employer ?

Leave a comment:

• arshad.usmani@gmail.com
    replied
    H1B- Job Transfer on Receipt and its associated issues

Question) I am employed by Company A with a valid work permit for another 2 years. Now I have got an offer from Company B and will join them on a Receipt.
    can I join Company C if needed before getting an approval from Company B ?? What are the risks ??

Leave a comment:

• ramesh_12
    replied
    Regarding US Travel with Petition is approved by anothe employer

I work for Company A, but my H1b was sponsored by Company B. I have H1b stamped by Company B and it is valid till Sep 2018.
    I have asked Company A to transfer H1b on their name. So my current employer A has initiated the transfer, however it would take another 6 months to get H1b stamped. Now Company B has asked me to travel. Can I travel on Company B's H1b?

Leave a comment:

• creativerob20@gmail.com
    replied
    H1b Stamped,Not travelled to US yet.

Hi,

I have my H1b visa stamped on Jan 2017 and its valid upto Aug 2019 however unfortunately my current employer who sponsored my visa is not able to find me US project.I am getting few offers from other employers claiming to provide an onsite US opportunity and promising to process my visa under cap exempt.

Sir,Could you please explain the cap exempt process and let me know if I really am applicable for this,I don't want to leave my current employer on the basis of any false promises.Let me tell you I haven't travelled to US yet.
    Also I would appreciate if you can suggest me about what else can I do to speed up my process.

Thanks and Regards,
    Robin Singh

Leave a comment:

• vishlk2012
    replied
    H1B Amendment / extension after H1B Transfer

Hi Seniors

My case is different

My H1B is transferred from company A to Company B and now I am going to work for Company B. But Now Company A does not want to leave me (of course politely) wants to amend my H1B and file an extension and process my greed card in future. Company B also has proposed to start my GC process after 3 months once I join.

My question is what are the complications in this case? will the company A have any hold on my visa status in the future? If company A processed the Green card is it really a must i should join back to them? Can company A and B process GC at the same time?

regards

Leave a comment:

• ramasr
    replied
    H1b - rfe

Hi, I have a different situation explained below. Please suggest me.

I was a previously working for a company A (for which I had I94 valid till 15-Aug'16) and than I have extended it and my new I797 (with Company A) is valid till 31-Dec-17 (**Note:: I94 is no longer valid. Only I797 is valid).

After my above extension I have moved out of this employer and joined another employer B on 23-Jan'17(started working based on Receipt Notice of H1 Transfer).

Now, I have got a RFE (for my H1 Transfer). Currently in a process of responding to RFE.

However, I have below questions. Please help me in clarifying them.

• As I have moved from Employer "A" to "B". My previous Employer "A" might have revoked my H1B.
    ○ Can you tell me is there a way to check this status: Revoked or not?

• As I got a RFE with my Employer "B". What happens if my H1 Transfer is Denied? Will I be of "No Status"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X