This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1 transfer during H1 extn is pending with USICS

My current H1 visa expired at Nov 30th 2018 with employer A. Filed extension on Nov 15th 2018 by employer A and got receipt notice which is pending for decision with USICS (Applied through normal processing). During filing extn Employer A has filed client letter for two months only. Please suggest is it legal to switch job (employer B)? Also is it good decision?

Comment

Need Help Regarding H1 Stamping

Hello

My H1 visa transfer got approved from company A to company B. My new visa start date is 7 Jan 2019. So here are my questions
      1) After the stamping is done. Can I enter the US on 5th or 6th Jan which is earlier than the start date (7th jan)?
      2) If I resign company A and they revoke my h1b will I ll be status less. If so then what will be the good time to resign?
      3) What all documents will be required from company B since I ll be having no pay stubs from company B. And its a fulltime position so do I need a client letter or any other important document from the company B?
      4) Do I require any document from company A?

Thanks

Shashank

Comment

Visa Approval Status

Originally posted by shashank17hn View Post
        Hello

My H1 visa transfer got approved from company A to company B. My new visa start date is 7 Jan 2019. So here are my questions
        1) After the stamping is done. Can I enter the US on 5th or 6th Jan which is earlier than the start date (7th jan)?
        2) If I resign company A and they revoke my h1b will I ll be status less. If so then what will be the good time to resign?
        3) What all documents will be required from company B since I ll be having no pay stubs from company B. And its a fulltime position so do I need a client letter or any other important document from the company B?
        4) Do I require any document from company A?

Thanks

Shashank
        If your visa effective from 7th Jan and you start your journey on 5th Jan, then if you reach at 7th Jan or after it would be OK.
        Last edited by samlynn; 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

good expert opinions

Comment

Subject : F1 - Initial OPT to H4.

Hi

I am currently working on H1B, My extension is in progress (received RFE), My Spouse is on F1 - Initial OPT (Expiring on Feb 2020) and currently in First trimester.
            We are planning to convert F1 to H4, Can you please suggest if this is a good option and if yes how we can/should proceed for the same ?

She has initial H4 visa on her passport but not stamped (expired on Jan 2018) as she came to US on F1 Visa for studies.

Comment

Need advice please!

I am on H1b visa and my American employer is willing to sponsor me and my family on the green card process. My employer is strong with good income but I am the only employee in the company. The company has an affiliate in Europe where it employs 35 people but that runs under another company.

My question is, how much chance do we have for the success of the green card process with my employer having me as the only employee!?

Can this fact diminish all the process even if the company can show quiet good income and strong background!?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

I initiated H1B transfer process with two employers A and B recently. Employer A filed premium processing and the other employer B has filed regular processing. I got approval with the employer A who filed premium processing whereas the other employer B just submitted petition to USCIS. Here are my questions:
                1) Since the transfer has completed from my previous employer to A, I am inclined to start with Employer A. What are the outcomes for the Employer B regular processing? Will the transfer get approved or they would need to file again from Employer A to B?
                2) Since the Employer B has filed regular processing, I am not sure when the approval would come. So should I just start working for Employer A and decline offer from Employer B?
                3) How I can politely refuse offer from Employer B citing immigration situation of already approved notice from Employer A.

Please help.

Comment

H1B Petition from new employer in India

Hi,

I got H1B visa approved in cap in 2017 valid till April 2019. Travelled to US, worked for one year and came back to India in July 2018.
                  H1B visa got expired in April 2019. Resigned and joined new employer in India in July 2019.
                  Can the new employer file H1B visa NOT subjected to cap for their US Project?

Comment

Originally posted by jithinky View Post
                    H1B Petition from new employer in India

Hi,

I got H1B visa approved in cap in 2017 valid till April 2019. Travelled to US, worked for one year and came back to India in July 2018.
                    H1B visa got expired in April 2019. Resigned and joined new employer in India in July 2019.
                    Can the new employer file H1B visa NOT subjected to cap for their US Project?
                    Yes.
                    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

H1B Sponsor Info Required

Hi I am on H4 and looking for a H1 sponsor. Could someone guide me about how to look for a sponsor. What would be the correct way to search for sponsors for my profile. I have till April to find a good genuine consultancy. Would help any kind of help and appreciate any response on thin. Thanks
                      Last edited by ceci1073; 08-05-2021, 05:03 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

Subject : F1 - Initial OPT to H4.

Hi

I am currently working on H1B, My extension is in progress (received RFE), My Spouse is on F1 - Initial OPT (Expiring on Feb 2020) and currently in First trimester.
                        We are planning to convert F1 to H4, Can you please suggest if this is a good option and if yes how we can/should proceed for the same ?

She has initial H4 visa on her passport but not stamped (expired on Jan 2018) as she came to US on F1 Visa for studies.
                        Last edited by ceci1073; 03-03-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Hi friends, my H1B is sponsored by my university but now I want to work for a start-up. Can I transfer my H1B to the start-up? Is it difficult? Is there gap between the transfer?

Comment

Hi, Need quick help on the below -

I have an approved H1B in 2013 for 3 yrs. But due to personal reasons, I never activated this H1B (never worked on H1B). Later I got H4EAD and started working from 2017 to the present.
                            Now, as I am waiting for my new H4 EAD approval which is taking very long. I am trying to know if I can use the old H1B that is approved in 2013 to do an H1 transfer to a new employer? Is this possible and allowed?

Comment

I looking for some reference letters to assist my expedite request for H1B Visa stamping interview in Toronto, any help is appreciated

Comment

Hi,

This is regarding my H1B Dropbox stamping and 221g.

I had a H1B Dropbox appointment on 2nd October 2022 and submitted all my documents for H1 visa stamping at consulate in India:

Application update:

11th: Application received by the consulate
                                13th: Approved
                                17th: Refused with 221g
                                19th: passport collected with 221g

221g says to appear for in-person consulate appointment and to carry any prior arrest/court record documents with me.

Previously**-

I got a DUI in May 2019. And after successful completion of fast ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) program my record was already Dismissed and Expunged in June 2020 and NO pending charges.This is my first stamping after DUI.

I am really worried with this 221g! Could you please help and what will be the next steps once I appear for an in-person interview? What additional documents should I carry other than the i797, employment and expungement documents? Do I need any letter from attorney?

Please help me with whatever you can.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X