Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4:Cousin marriage:221G blue slip: Administrative processing: in Chennai.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4:Cousin marriage:221G blue slip: Administrative processing: in Chennai.

Hi,
    Recently on June 2nd, my wife attended for H4 visa stamping at Chennai consulate. VO asked few questions and asked about marriage and how do you know about your spouse.
    She replied like he is my uncles son ,we are relation before marriage and parents arranged this marriage.

VO took the passport and asked about marriage registration certificate and wedding album, said like I'm ok to issue visa, but before that would like to check with my boss on marriage details and gave blue slip with check on Administrative processing needed before final decision.

We are planing to travel to US in a week, does anybody help to understand when can we get the passport with visa?

Thanks,
    Sai

The consular officer needs to make sure that your marriage is legal under Indian law (or wherever you got married).

For example, here in the United States, 25 states do not permit marriage between first-cousins. Any marriage between first-cousins performed under the laws of those states are void ab initio.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      The consular officer needs to make sure that your marriage is legal under Indian law (or wherever you got married).

For example, here in the United States, 25 states do not permit marriage between first-cousins. Any marriage between first-cousins performed under the laws of those states are void ab initio.

officer verified marriage registration certificate and wedding album as well, he said everything is ok also, as you mentioned about first cousins marriage restriction in US, he also talked about that and said like would like to check with my boss before issuing visa. From his side everything is clear as per his words, but still when I check the visa status, it still says under Administrative processing.(Still with post).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X