Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 visa expired after job termination

hi, i am a college graduate from university of washington
    somebody please answer and explain questions...

about one and a half years ago i lost my job in amazon. so that means my h1 visa expired the day of termination right?
    but even though my visa expired, i did not go back to my home country- south korea. so that means i am illegally here in usa correct?

is it possible for me to apply for a job with illegal immigration status?

if not...is it possible for me to go back to south korea and get a new visa(probably student visa) and come back to usa and attend graduate school? and while i'm attending graduate school can i apply for a job?(i need to switch to h1 visa again correct?)

will the united states accept me and approve student visa knowing that i stayed in the united states for 1.5 years after h1 visa expired?

thank you

Yes you are an illegal alien, you are deportable.

No, you can't do a "change of status" to a new work visa as you are out of status.

If you leave, you will be deemed inadmissible to the United States for yen years as a result of your overstay in excess of 365 days.

If you do an "adjustment of status" on the basis of an immediate relative petition (eg marriage to a US citizen) before you leave the country, all will be forgiven.

If you have a citizen girlfriend, this would be the time to talk to her about your future.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X