Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Transfer and dependents in India

Hi,

I had a H1 B transfer as part of job switch recently. My dependents do not have H4 stamped on their passport. I am planning to go to India in coming months to bring my family over here. I have to go to US consulate for H1 B transfer stamping. I am planning to take my family as well for H4 stamping with me at that time. My question is ...Is it allowed to take them for stamping with me considering I do not have H1 B visa with latest petition or should I complete my H1 transfer stamping ,approval and then take them to US consulate for their H4 stamping.

Let me know
    Regards
    Sha

Slightly similar situation

I'm into slightly similar situation.

I have an H1B visa with company X1 ay Austin and my wife got her H4 Visa stamped based on that. Before she could come here, I had to move on with company Y1, at a New Jersey. Can she still travel to New Jersey based on her older stamped H4 ? Will there be issues, and whether it's even legal? What shall we do?

thanks.
    TS.

Comment

Sha, has your transfer been approved?

Tushar, she can travel on her "old" but valid H-4 stamp, but she should carry a copy of your approval notice with her, as well as evidence of your current employment.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        Sha, has your transfer been approved?

Tushar, she can travel on her "old" but valid H-4 stamp, but she should carry a copy of your approval notice with her, as well as evidence of your current employment.
        Sha: Her transfer is not yet initiated or approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X