H1-B to L2 status - Urgent advise required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B to L2 status - Urgent advise required

Hi, I am currently on H1-B and my spouse is on L1A. Now I want to apply for COS from H1B to L2. My questions are:

1. How long H1-B to L2 transfer takes and is there any premium processing in that?
    2. As I am on H1B and I file for L2 COS attaching my current pay stubs. As L2 approval may take few months and if during that time I loose my job on H1-B. Can i still stay in US based on the fact that my COS is pending with USCIS or would i be out of status and leave country.

3. Loosing H1-B job while COS is pending, does it impact chances of L2 petition approval?

1. How long H1-B to L2 transfer takes and is there any premium processing in that?
    >>> Anywhere between 60 to 90 days.

2. As I am on H1B and I file for L2 COS attaching my current pay stubs. As L2 approval may take few months and if during that time I loose my job on H1-B. Can i still stay in US based on the fact that my COS is pending with USCIS or would i be out of status and leave country.
    >>> As long as your file the COS from H1B to L2 before the end of your employment, you can stay in the country. This period is called "Period of Stay Authorized By the Attorney General". You won't be treated as out of status.

3. Loosing H1-B job while COS is pending, does it impact chances of L2 petition approval?
    >>> Nope.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X