Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Clarification

Hi,

I have transferred by visa to a new employer. My visa is valid till 2017. If I go back to India , do I need to go for stamping as my employer got changed ?

Regards,
    Ranjith

Not necessary.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B Employment

Thank you. My friend had a situation like between his employer and himself, there was an agreement saying he has to pay some amount if he was not serve the period as per the offer. He also given written signature before he changed his employer. Is it legal that the employer can ask money from employee by any means ? ( saying liquidity damage or any breach ).

Comment

Employment contracts/bonds doesn't work in U.S and it is illegal. However, it is hard to comment without knowing what your friend has signed. Ask him to get the help of an attorney. The attorney can review the signed contact and advise appropriately.

Originally posted by ranjitheee1988 View Post
        Thank you. My friend had a situation like between his employer and himself, there was an agreement saying he has to pay some amount if he was not serve the period as per the offer. He also given written signature before he changed his employer. Is it legal that the employer can ask money from employee by any means ? ( saying liquidity damage or any breach ).

Comment

Can I transfer twice?

I have an H1B visa that has just been approved. It has been filed through company A.

Company B has contacted me recently, and invited me to an interview loop. They would file an H1B transfer.

I dream on working for company C, to which I plan o applying whenever I can.

Is this scenario valid?

1 - I transfer my H1B visa to company B before October (so, before working for company A, not needing pay stubs, then)
          2 - I apply for company C, and get approved
          3 - Company C files another H1B transfer - not subject to CAP limit

My doubt is whether I can make TWO transfers within the same year, before the next CAP.

This is a hypothetical scenario, that I only want to have in mind to decide whether to apply or not for company C as soon as I can, or wait until closer to next year's CAP (~april).

Comment

Possible. You can make as many H1B transfer as possible and there is no limit.

Originally posted by MarceloR View Post
            I have an H1B visa that has just been approved. It has been filed through company A.

Company B has contacted me recently, and invited me to an interview loop. They would file an H1B transfer.

I dream on working for company C, to which I plan o applying whenever I can.

Is this scenario valid?

1 - I transfer my H1B visa to company B before October (so, before working for company A, not needing pay stubs, then)
            2 - I apply for company C, and get approved
            3 - Company C files another H1B transfer - not subject to CAP limit

My doubt is whether I can make TWO transfers within the same year, before the next CAP.

This is a hypothetical scenario, that I only want to have in mind to decide whether to apply or not for company C as soon as I can, or wait until closer to next year's CAP (~april).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X