Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 stamping

Hello all

I came to US last year on H1B visa.Due to lot of reasons i was not able to work and converted my visa to H4 after few months.Now , i am going to india for H4 stamping.Please let me know if i would have any problems during stamping as i didnt work while i was in H1.And also the required docs for the interview.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

For H4 stamping, ensure that the paperwork is good. That is the main criteria for stamping H4. You might have to answer if the visa officer asks the reason for not continuing on H1B. But that cannot be a bar for the H4 stamping.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena, thanks for your reply.

My spouse is on H1-B for the last 6 years and I have all his documents intact required for my H4 stamping.

But, my actual situation is that, I was on a H1-B visa prior to converting to H4, and I did not get placed by my employer and hence, I was not paid at all (I cannot produce my H1-B pay stubs).

When I go for my H4 stamping, will there be any questions pertaining to my H1-B employment? Will I be required to produce my Pay stubs while I was in H1-B? Again, I have all my spouse's documents.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,
        Take alongwith you and Produce whatever you have only if asked, but that will not be the main criteria as you are not seeking H1B stamping. You can re-instate that you chose not to work on H1B only due to "XYZ" reason, and probably produce proof for the same.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X