Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing H1B Transfer to Emp B while H1B Amendment with Emp A is in process - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing H1B Transfer to Emp B while H1B Amendment with Emp A is in process - Need Help

Hello,
    I am currently with Employer A and since I have moved to a new state from what mentioned in the original petition I have applied for H1B Amendment in Regular processing. It is been 2.5 months since submitted and still its in "Case Received state".
    Now Employer B has a very good job for me and wants to do a transfer. He wants to do the transfer in Premium processing.
    1.What happens to H1B Amendment if my transfer gets approved ?
    2.Should I withdraw my H1B Amendment if transfer gets approved?
    3.Would there be any problems during the Transfer ?

1.What happens to H1B Amendment if my transfer gets approved ?
    >>> Amendment and transfer are two separate processes. Your transfer will not have any impact on the amendment. Amendment can either get approved or rejected or may end up in a RFE.

2.Should I withdraw my H1B Amendment if transfer gets approved?
    >>> Not necessary.

3.Would there be any problems during the Transfer ?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B Transfer does depend on H1B Amendment

Though I have submitted all documents properly for my H1B Transfer, USCIS is just not approving my H1B Transfer case just because H1B Amendment is still in progress.
      They have put in RFE and given me time till Oct 30th respond them.

Comment

@Shervin: My H1B Amendment is in regular processing and as of todays its been 4 Months and 21 days and still no decision on that.

Is that normal or not ? Its being processed in California Service Centre
        (WAC).

Comment

Recent time some H1B applications are taking longer than usual to get a decision. It could be because of the backlog they took due to the H4 EAD. Post 90 days, your attorney can take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss your case, which can speed up things. Upgrading to premium will get you the result within 15 days.

Originally posted by kendallguy500 View Post
          @Shervin: My H1B Amendment is in regular processing and as of todays its been 4 Months and 21 days and still no decision on that.

Is that normal or not ? Its being processed in California Service Centre
          (WAC).
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X