Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanted Reg Non IT

Hello
    I am Ramkrishna, I dont have a formal IT degree or PG but I have 4 years of experience a PGDCA from a normal pvt institute, I got my H1B approved and waiting to attend for visa. I am reading the experiences on this forum and I need help how to prepare for the Interview.
    I dont understand how come the VO says you dont have formal education to work in US when the H1B is approved? Any way its their call. Someone please help me with the Questions and possible answers that are normally asked for NON IT background people.
    Thanks
    Ramkrishna

Hi,
    To qualify for H1B, you need to have 12+4 years of formal education in which the 4 years should be relevant to the nature of job you are seeking in the US. If this is not satisfied, you can compensate every one year of education with 3 years relevant work experience. Apart from this you will also need to have atleast 3 years of relevant work experience. H1B will anyway be approved, but the visa will not be issued unless the above is satisfied (especially at the Chennai Consulate)
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

thanks for the Info

Hello veena
      Thanks for posting a reply to my query. can you please suggest me the best approach to apply for visa.I have total of 5 years exp in IT and 2 Years in marketing. I heard that they are taking a technical test for Non IT guys ,do you know how tough the test might be?
      Thanks again
      Ramkrishna

Originally posted by veena_swsh
      Hi,
      To qualify for H1B, you need to have 12+4 years of formal education in which the 4 years should be relevant to the nature of job you are seeking in the US. If this is not satisfied, you can compensate every one year of education with 3 years relevant work experience. Apart from this you will also need to have atleast 3 years of relevant work experience. H1B will anyway be approved, but the visa will not be issued unless the above is satisfied (especially at the Chennai Consulate)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X