Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1B visa - want to relocate to India

Hi,

I have a approved H1B visa, stamped -valid till 2017 . I want to relocate to india and spend time with my family, not sure for how long at this point. I have a few questions :

- Does my employer have to revoke my H1B? Or can i still hold my H1B and for how long it is valid
    - How long can i stay outside the USA without a US payroll and have no impact on my H1B
    - If i do decide to come back to USA do i have to work for the same employer , or could i do a transfer to another employer?
    - If i choose to work in India, what will happen to my H1B

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by preethiprem; 06-15-2015, 11:44 AM.

You just disappointed somebody by giving up an lottery picked approved H1B....
    Anyways
    1.)It doesnt matter... You can still have the petition open but its not good for the employer. So he will revoke anyways.
    2.)Once you leave the US you cannot come back on H1B without stamping. For stamping you should have been continuously on your payroll. So you don't have to worry since you are giving up on it.
    3.)Both are possible if your current employer is wiling to have your H1B open. You can transfer too but the process wont be smooth.
    4.)H1B is a visa for somebody who are able to maintain continuous payroll as per LCA regulations. Typically your H1B becomes void(not invalid). Meaning its still alive but nothings happens with it until

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      Considering the client approves working from india ,
      - Could I continue working in the same set up Client -vendor-employer from India for say 6 months while on H1B and return without issues at the port of entry. I have my H1B stamped already.My employer does not have offshore team

Comment

What you do outside U.S will have no impact on H1B. When you are outside U.S, you are no longer in H1B status. When you decide to go back to U.S in H1B, you should have a valid H1B visa, H1B petition, an emp[loyment verification letter to prove that your job still exist in U.S and a client letter if you will be working at the client location.

Originally posted by preethiprem View Post
        Thanks for your response.
        Considering the client approves working from india ,
        - Could I continue working in the same set up Client -vendor-employer from India for say 6 months while on H1B and return without issues at the port of entry. I have my H1B stamped already.My employer does not have offshore team
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X