Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa Expired, currently in valid I94

Hi All,

not sure if the question was asked earlier.

My H1B visa expired on September 2014 & I am currently on my I94 till 2017. I would like to have my Visa Renewed based on my I94, just in case if I need to travel out of US.

I would like to know if I can apply for H1B visa extension from US or do I need to do this outside US?

also I would like to know if I can look out for other employers while my H1 is expired & with a valid I94 & I797?

I don't have immediate plans of travelling outside the country, but would like to know the steps I need to take, if on emergency I need to go to my country or seek a new job from a different employer.

Regards
    Ilango

I would like to know if I can apply for H1B visa extension from US or do I need to do this outside US?
    >>> H1B extension and H1B visa stamping are two different things. H1B extension can be filed while you are inside U.S. That has to be filed by your employer when your I-94 is about to expire. H1B visa cannot be obtained when you are inside U.S. You need to travel out to get the visa stamped in your passport based on a valid H1B approval notice (I-797).

also I would like to know if I can look out for other employers while my H1 is expired & with a valid I94 & I797?
    >>> Yes. Valid H1B visa is not required for transfer. If you have a valid I-797 and a valid I-94, you can find another employer and transfer the petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X