Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B Amendment for Change of Location

Hi,
    》I have H1B visa for which Petition was filed for "Hartford, CT" location.
    》Then I moved back to offshore and stamping was done by "Boston, CT" based account.
    》Now, The same 'Hartford, CT' based Client have an urgent need for Hartford, CT Location.

Please let me know if my H1B petition needs to amended in this case as per new rule, even though my petition remains same for Hartford Location but LCA needs to be updated as it was changed for Boston.

What do you mean when you say "stamping was done by "Boston, CT" based account."? Did your employer file an amendment when you moved from Hartford to Boston? If not and if you have an existing approval notice that is based on a valid petition that is filed with work location as "Hartford" and you are actually going to work in that location, then there is nothing to amend.

Originally posted by jyotiprabha84 View Post
    Hi,
    》I have H1B visa for which Petition was filed for "Hartford, CT" location.
    》Then I moved back to offshore and stamping was done by "Boston, CT" based account.
    》Now, The same 'Hartford, CT' based Client have an urgent need for Hartford, CT Location.

Please let me know if my H1B petition needs to amended in this case as per new rule, even though my petition remains same for Hartford Location but LCA needs to be updated as it was changed for Boston.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      What do you mean when you say "stamping was done by "Boston, CT" based account."? Did your employer file an amendment when you moved from Hartford to Boston? If not and if you have an existing approval notice that is based on a valid petition that is filed with work location as "Hartford" and you are actually going to work in that location, then there is nothing to amend.
      Thanks for your response! No, my employee didn't submitted any amendment for stamping since this new process was not applicable then. Only LCA was updated based on Boston location. Could they update the LCA back for Hartford, CT location without any additional process involved in between?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by jyotiprabha84 View Post
        Thanks for your response! No, my employee didn't submitted any amendment for stamping since this new process was not applicable then. Only LCA was updated based on Boston location. Could they update the LCA back for Hartford, CT location without any additional process involved in between?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X