Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Re-stamping

Hi All,

I have stamped valid H1B till Sep,2015 which was filed by Employer A.Meanwhile i have joined Employer B and now i am with employer C. Employer C initiated my visa transfer process and is complete and i again got it for 3 years.As i am in India only and have not traveled yet to US.

My Query is that since my stamped visa is expiring on Sep,2015 can i go for re-stamping of new Visa.If i enter US on the stamped visa I-94 issued to me will be till sep,30 only.
    The reason i was going for re-stamping was because my dependent is not having H4 stamped.

Can you guys advice for same.

Upon admission, the CBP officer will grant you authorized period of stay consistent with the petition (Form I-797), not the passport vignette (visa sticker).

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Upon admission, the CBP officer will grant you authorized period of stay consistent with the petition (Form I-797), not the passport vignette (visa sticker).

Any suggestions if i should go for re-stamping with my new I-797 (Since I am in India only) along with my dependent visa stamping.

Comment

Personally, I would do it if I was in your shoes. September is getting close, and even though you have only a 3 year petition with Employer C, I can easily imagine a situation where you will get extensions/transfers for the full six years.

There are many situations where getting a new H-1B visa sticker is extremely inconvenient.

In your case, you have the time, you can easily travel to the consulate, and you can afford the visa fee.

I say go for it.

It may never be as convenient to do in the future as it is for you now.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          Personally, I would do it if I was in your shoes. September is getting close, and even though you have only a 3 year petition with Employer C, I can easily imagine a situation where you will get extensions/transfers for the full six years.

There are many situations where getting a new H-1B visa sticker is extremely inconvenient.

In your case, you have the time, you can easily travel to the consulate, and you can afford the visa fee.

I say go for it.

It may never be as convenient to do in the future as it is for you now.

Thanks for the valuable Inputs, was a great help to me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X