pls advice me on travel to india after h1b approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls advice me on travel to india after h1b approval

I was on h4 earlier and got my h1 approval recently on oct 3rd , I started doing a short term job for 5weeks through my husband in his company from December27th , i need to go to india for my brother\'s marriage on feb 21st so I am planning to go on feb 10th . What all i can do to get back safely to US without any problems , Do i need to get my H1B visa stamped , do i need to show the paystubs , how many months pay stubs to show . What all are the documents to be taken , If anyone had been in this kind of situation Please help me .Someone please advise me in this regard. Thanks

When you go out of the country , while coming back you have to get your H1B stamped. For that you need to take up an appointment in one of the US consulates . In the interview producing your paystubs is a must. Number of paystubs asked depends on the officer but other than that they might ask other work related documents too like letter from employer etc.

Comment

please give me more details

Vibhav Thanks for your advice .

Is it possible to get H1visa stamped in canada or mexico or should it get stamped only at India(country of origin) anyone please suggest me . If anyone has got their h1 stamped recently please please give me advice soon so that i can take an appointment. As of now the latest visa stamping appointment dates available in chennai are in may the earliest so please kindly give me your suggestion to come back U.S soon .

Any advice will b appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

For first time H1B stamping its always suggested to get it stamped from the home country, if you dont have any US degree. If you go to Canada/Mexico for stamping , and if it gets rejected by any chance, then you need to go back directly to India and go for an interview again. (You know how the officers in India used to scrutinise if visa is rejected once).

Comment

H1B stamping firstime - where is it better to go for stamping

Vibhas Thanks for your reply again.

I would like to know where is it better to get H1 visa stamped for the first time . What are the chances to get h1visa stamped in mexico , which is better mexico or canada or india for the first time . Has anyone faced with this situation recently , If so Please give me your suggestion.

Thanks,
          Sirisha

Comment

Hi Srishas,
            I'm also on the same boat and these are the suggestions that I got when I was planning to visit India in Feb '06. Looks like stamping outside India for the first time without a US degree will be risky.Also stamping in India with little experience is risky. What to do? How many paystubs do u have?

Comment

h1 stamping with 2 paystubs is it enough

Vibhas Thanks for your response.

Is it really difficult to get stamped without experience , I did computer science in B.E will that not help . Is going to mexico risky ? I am planning to go mexico ,what do they expect from us at the time of stamping? I can get 2paystubs by the time I go for stamping , Is it ok with these paystubs . Has anyone been for stamping recently , how many paystubs are required , Is less experience a signal for not getting stamped. Please give suggestions.

Thanks

Comment

risk is every where....

If your H1 started in Oct' 05 then you should have pay stubs from the day one. You may be asked why you didn't get paid from Oct'05. So be prepared to go with those docs too..

Going to mexico is fine, but you should be ready for re-direction.

good luck...
                Raj

Originally posted by sirishas
                Vibhas Thanks for your response.

Is it really difficult to get stamped without experience , I did computer science in B.E will that not help . Is going to mexico risky ? I am planning to go mexico ,what do they expect from us at the time of stamping? I can get 2paystubs by the time I go for stamping , Is it ok with these paystubs . Has anyone been for stamping recently , how many paystubs are required , Is less experience a signal for not getting stamped. Please give suggestions.

Thanks

Comment

What Is Redirection

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE .

Do you mean that if the h1 isn't stamped in Tijuana mexico , then i'll be redirected to india without being sent to U.S or can i come back to U.S using H4. If i don't have the paystubs from the dayone , can i show them a leave letter or anything like that for the days that i don't have paystubs .

Comment

Hey Raj,
                    Thanks for your reply. But still have some questions.
                    One is supposed to work after H1B approval only if he/she has applied for SSN.Only then payroll could be run. What if there is some delay in SSN processing (from the SSN and INS side)? In that case you can't go for work.
                    How to explain this situation to the immigration officers while stamping? Or how to explain that this gap is not because of one's delay in start working but its due to some government issues?
                    Appreciate your reply.

Comment

going for stamping at TIjuana mexico

what if I will be rejected for H1B stamping can i come back to U.S on my H4 or will i be redirected to inida .What would happen in worse case ?

I haven't got my paycheck run , Is it possible for me to go to India on my H4 and get back to U.S on H4 without taking my H1 approval documents . Please let me if this is possible i have my H4 valid until nov 2006 . I hope some one will give me a suggestion .

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Travel to India before H1 transfer approval but after getting receipt

Hi guys

Could someone please advise me on H1 transfer. I am working for company A and my current job is getting over on 31st march. Company B which is a recruiting company is doing my H1 transfer starting next week. So I'll get the H1 receipt within 15 days. After that I am going to India on 12th April and will go for stamping in Delhi once the company B sends me all the approval documents in India. My question is would there be a problem in getting my new h1 visa stamped as I leave the country before getting the approval (but after getting the receipt)? I won't have any pay stubs from the new job as I will be starting my work only after I come back. But I'll have all the pay stubs till March 31st from my previous job. I would appreciate if someone can tell me the problems involved in this and ofcourse the solution (other than going for premium processing).

Thanks
                        Sid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X