Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa questions

Hi All,

I needed help in my case. I am in US and got COS so currently my passport does not have H1b stamped. I have H1B approval I797 though. We are planning to apply for H4 for my wife who is in India right now. It would be great help if my following questions get answered.

1. Is it a risk that my passport does not H1 stamp? Can I797 copy suffice as proof?
    2. Is there any specific requirement for paystubs for H4? if yes how many? My employer generates payroll bu-weekly so i get 2 payslips every month.
    2. Does my wife need to go to same counslate where I had got my previous VISA or she can visit any counslate office in country

Thanks a ton for any advise and if someone can share their experience in similar situation!

1. Is it a risk that my passport does not H1 stamp?
    >>> No issues. Your H1B visa is not needed to get the H4 stamped. Your H1B approval notice is what is required.

Can I797 copy suffice as proof?
    >>> Yes.

2. Is there any specific requirement for paystubs for H4? if yes how many? My employer generates payroll bu-weekly so i get 2 payslips every month.
    >>> Yes. Payslips are required to prove that you are currently maintaining the H1B status. Provide your wife with the latest payslips (3-4 months)

2. Does my wife need to go to same counslate where I had got my previous VISA or she can visit any counslate office in country
    >>> She can visit any U.S consulate in the country.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Can I797 copy suffice as proof?
      >>> Yes.
      <<<< Is the original I797 needs to be sent or photocopy is sufficient?

>>> Yes. Payslips are required to prove that you are currently maintaining the H1B status. Provide your wife with the latest payslips (3-4 months)
      <<<< I may have only 2 month's salary slips by the time she goes for stamping ( 4 payslips in total) , is that fine ? or shall we wait for one more month?

Comment

Is the original I797 needs to be sent or photocopy is sufficient?
        >>> She will need your original for H4 stamping.

I may have only 2 month's salary slips by the time she goes for stamping ( 4 payslips in total) , is that fine ? or shall we wait for one more month?
        >>> If you have worked in H1B status only for 2 months, then 2 months of payslips is enough.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X