Good day ALL,

I am a H1B holder currently working in the United States. My girlfriend is going to visit me from Laos. Can we get marry while she is in the United States with a visitor visa ? After the marriage she would apply for a H4 visa. Does she have to go back to Laos or can she apply for her H4 in the US ? And how long will it take for the H4 to be approved ?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.