X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b - Chennai - Single DUI - Approved during interview

Hi,

I attended the interview 2 weeks ago. The details are;

June 2nd Week - Attended the H1B Interview in Chennai. After few basic questions, the Visa Officer told me, he approved the visa and the passport will be delivered to my location.

Status in CGIFederal site: Your passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy

June 3rd week - I got a call from the same officer and asked me when was my first DUI conviction is (He needed the exact date)?. I told it was in May 2010 (Told the exact date). He told he will send me a blue slip and I need to attach the copies of the DUI case. So that he can approve my case. He told there will be no problem on my case. He just need some evidence that the DUI case happaned before 5 years.

Status in CGIFederal site: Your passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy

Af of today (29th June 2015): The status got changed "Document Delivery Information: <Blank>" I've called the US Consulate chennai to get more details. They said they dont have any information and just need to wait. and no information given to me.

Question:

1. When and where will I receive the Blue slip?

2. Should I wait for the blue slip to reply or can i directly send my copies of DUI Case sheet to chennai consulate referring my H1B D160 number and passport number?

3. How long the entire process will take for me to get my stamped passport?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nik

>>> When - well, no one can predict that. It depends on when the consulate sends you the blue slip.
    Where - to the address mentioned in your DS160 application.

2. Should I wait for the blue slip to reply or can i directly send my copies of DUI Case sheet to chennai consulate referring my H1B D160 number and passport number?
    >>> You cannot respond until you receive the 221g slip. You need to attach a copy of 221g along with the documents that they have asked.

>>> No one can predict that. Administrative processing for each individual is on case by case basis.
    Last edited by shervin143; 06-29-2015, 03:31 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> When - well, no one can predict that. It depends on when the consulate sends you the blue slip.
      Where - to the address mentioned in your DS160 application.

>>> You cannot respond until your receive the 221g slip. You need to attach a copy of 221g along with the documents that they have asked.

>>> No one can predict that. Administrative processing for each individual is on case by case basis.
      Thank you. Seems I am locked for now. :-)

Comment

Any updates about your case. Did you get your passport back?

I interviewed for H1b in New Delhi embassy today. I had a 'petty misdemeanor' charge for lending my driver's license to another individual to gain access to a liquor serving facility in the beginning to this year. Neither of us consumed alcohol. The original charges were 'misdemeanor' but it was amended to 'petty misdemeanor' after I pleaded guilty. The VO asked 'why did you lend your DL to other individual?' and I explained. After that, he said your visa is approved. We'll send you a SMS/e-mail when your passport is ready to be picked up.

Any idea about how long it will take to get the passport back?

Thanks.

Comment

Please share updates?

Originally posted by pt2015 View Post
          Any updates about your case. Did you get your passport back?

I interviewed for H1b in New Delhi embassy today. I had a 'petty misdemeanor' charge for lending my driver's license to another individual to gain access to a liquor serving facility in the beginning to this year. Neither of us consumed alcohol. The original charges were 'misdemeanor' but it was amended to 'petty misdemeanor' after I pleaded guilty. The VO asked 'why did you lend your DL to other individual?' and I explained. After that, he said your visa is approved. We'll send you a SMS/e-mail when your passport is ready to be picked up.

Any idea about how long it will take to get the passport back?

Thanks.
          People, please share what was the outcome. I am in similar boat and it has been 3 weeks since I submitted my medical report and passport to VAC. My case status is still admin processing. Please share what happened to your cases and how long did it take to get visa stamped?

Comment

Any update on the case?

Any update? how long did it take to get your visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X