Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost old Indian passport

Hello

I have my new passport which has my previous VISA stamping. My old passport which was expired and has my first H1 stamping and the record of my frist 2 travels is lost. (I hope I find it )

I would be travelling again this August to get my visa stamped. Would it be an issue if I dont carry my old passport?

Please advice

Usually it is not an issue. But if the visa officer insist on looking at your old passport for some reason, then it can be a problem. Most of the time they only look at / retain your new passport for stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Usually it is not an issue. But if the visa officer insist on looking at your old passport for some reason, then it can be a problem. Most of the time they only look at / retain your new passport for stamping.
      Thanks

So what do you suggest? Carry some document given by Indian Consulate here in US that I lost my old passport? Will that be good enough. Please advice if there is any other way.

Comment

Any advice plz

Comment

anyone...help plz

Comment

Originally posted by jonnasn View Post
            anyone...help plz
            I would say first file a police complaint. Then send a copy of that to the Indian consulate. Beyond this I don't think there is need to do anything.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X