Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g for fingerprints in Visa stamping in New Delhi

My interview was on 19th June in New Delhi
    Since then my visa status remained in administrative processing.
    (I am assuming that the initial administrative processing status from 19th June to 29th June was due to the worldwide technical issue immigration system has been experiencing)
    On June 30th the status date changed to 30th June although the status remained as administrative processing. One July 1, the passport status changed to ready for pickup.
    I picked up the passport yesterday (2nd July) and realized that they did not print the Visa... instead they attached a page where they mentioned that they are suspending the process under 221g until they receive my finger prints.
    Not sure why they need my finger prints again.... as I provided them the same on 18th OFC and 19th Visa interview day.
    Regardless - they have asked me to appear on any business day before 10 am.
    I am planning to go to embassy on Monday morning... and see what happens next..
    any thoughts or experiences?

Not sure what went wrong. Maybe they did not get the prints properly. If the 221g is just for finger printing, then you need not worry much. Once they have it, they will issue you the visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

fingerprints provided

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Not sure what went wrong. Maybe they did not get the prints properly. If the 221g is just for finger printing, then you need not worry much. Once they have it, they will issue you the visa.
      Hi - Not sure why I did not get an email notification for your reply.
      (hence replying late)
      Thanks for the info....
      here is the latest update: I did go the the embassy on Monday morning and provided the fingerprints.
      They kept the passports.
      The visa status date has changed to 6th June (the day I provided fingerprints)
      The visa status however is still administrative processing.
      The passport status is wrong and still showing 'your passport has been picked up', (even though they have kept the passports) for which I have send out an email to the ustraveldocs customer care.

will keep everybody posted... but if anbody has any thoughts on this... please chime in.
      Thanks

Comment

issue resolved

K... today the status changed to issued and I collected the passport.
        I am assuming that this issue was in fact just a case of bio-metric messup because of the technical issue the system faced in middle of June.
        Looks like there is an error on the stamp though... but that is a different issue which I will post on a separate thread.

Thanks

Comment

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php/189358-221g-for-fingerprints-in-Visa-sta

Even I got the same letter that need to appear in embassy for fingure prints again..... Is this matter of worry. @zompat please guide.

Comment

Finger prints required

Dear all please guide as me n my wife appeared in embassy on 14.07.15 and visitors visa was approved to the whole family. Yesterday I collected the passports on the kids visa was there but mine and my wife passports a letter was attached with wording that finger prints required again . But only finger prints nothing else.

My question is that is there any worry factor regarding the issuance of visa.

Comment

I think it is fine

Originally posted by Gurtrishan Singh View Post
              Dear all please guide as me n my wife appeared in embassy on 14.07.15 and visitors visa was approved to the whole family. Yesterday I collected the passports on the kids visa was there but mine and my wife passports a letter was attached with wording that finger prints required again . But only finger prints nothing else.

My question is that is there any worry factor regarding the issuance of visa.
              Hi Gurtrishan -
              I think it should be fine... if it was just a fingerprint thing...
              Not ure if you already visited and provided them the fingerprint.
              if not... follow the instructions on the letter provided to you and provide your fingerprints.
              if you have already provided them the prints... in my opinion you should get your passport before end of next week...
              Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks

Dear I m really thankful for your guidance and sharing your experience .

Comment

No update yet

Dear @ zoompat can I have your number or if you can share detailed experience after giving your finger prints again.... What happened how much time it took to receive your passports.how you come to know that you can collect your passports .

Please guide.

Comment

221g fingerprints

Hi
                    I applied for h1 extension and eligible for dropbox. On sept 14 I went to new delhi ofc to drop my passport with req dicuments and on sept 16 I got email to pick my passport. On sept 17 i went to pick my passport from ofc and realized they attached blue 221 g asking for fingerprints at embassy before 10am. I went to embassy next morning on sept 18 and gave my fingerprints and they took my passport again.
                    Does anyone know why they asked for fingerprints?

Comment

221g for interview and fingerprints verification

Originally posted by Sourabh864u View Post
                      Hi
                      I applied for h1 extension and eligible for dropbox. On sept 14 I went to new delhi ofc to drop my passport with req dicuments and on sept 16 I got email to pick my passport. On sept 17 i went to pick my passport from ofc and realized they attached blue 221 g asking for fingerprints at embassy before 10am. I went to embassy next morning on sept 18 and gave my fingerprints and they took my passport again.
                      Does anyone know why they asked for fingerprints?
                      Hi Sourabh,

Have you got your Passport with VISA stamped on it. How much time it took?

Because I am also facing the same issue.
                      My h1b extension was eligible for dropbox. but When I collected my passport it has 221g asking for fingerprint verification.
                      I also went to consulate and gave the fingerprints on 26th October 2015 and they took my passport.
                      Just worried when will I get my VISA.

Comment

Got the VISA in 2 days after Fingerprints

Originally posted by vishalm1981 View Post
                        Hi Sourabh,

Have you got your Passport with VISA stamped on it. How much time it took?

Because I am also facing the same issue.
                        My h1b extension was eligible for dropbox. but When I collected my passport it has 221g asking for fingerprint verification.
                        I also went to consulate and gave the fingerprints on 26th October 2015 and they took my passport.
                        Just worried when will I get my VISA.
                        Hi all,

I got the VISA on third day after completing my fingerprints verification at consulate.

Comment

Originally posted by zoompat View Post
                          Hi - Not sure why I did not get an email notification for your reply.
                          (hence replying late)
                          Thanks for the info....
                          here is the latest update: I did go the the embassy on Monday morning and provided the fingerprints.
                          They kept the passports.
                          The visa status date has changed to 6th June (the day I provided fingerprints)
                          The visa status however is still administrative processing.
                          The passport status is wrong and still showing 'your passport has been picked up', (even though they have kept the passports) for which I have send out an email to the ustraveldocs customer care.

will keep everybody posted... but if anbody has any thoughts on this... please chime in.
                          Thanks
                          @zoompat
                          what are the documents we need to carry to consulate when we go for finger prints alone after 221(g). and where we will be collecting the passports after stamping. should we provide any information about the passport collection?

Comment

Originally posted by zoompat View Post
                            My interview was on 19th June in New Delhi
                            Since then my visa status remained in administrative processing.
                            (I am assuming that the initial administrative processing status from 19th June to 29th June was due to the worldwide technical issue immigration system has been experiencing)
                            On June 30th the status date changed to 30th June although the status remained as administrative processing. One July 1, the passport status changed to ready for pickup.
                            I picked up the passport yesterday (2nd July) and realized that they did not print the Visa... instead they attached a page where they mentioned that they are suspending the process under 221g until they receive my finger prints.
                            Not sure why they need my finger prints again.... as I provided them the same on 18th OFC and 19th Visa interview day.
                            Regardless - they have asked me to appear on any business day before 10 am.
                            I am planning to go to embassy on Monday morning... and see what happens next..
                            any thoughts or experiences?
                            I got the same letter and have been asked to come to embassy for fingerprint. my confusion is which place at new delhi. embassy at chanaykya puri or biometric at Nehru place. today we have holiday so I can't ask anyone. please help urgently as i am in delhi and it need to be done before 10 am tomorrow. and what time it starts.
                            Thanks in advance

Comment

where to go for fingure print ???? nehru place or chanakyapuri??

Hi All

I have got the same kind letter along with my passport which says i need to come at embassy at New Delhi to give 10 point fingure print. I wanted to know where should I go for figure print? I am confused between nehru place and chankyapuri. it says come before 10 am. What time it will start?

Thanks for helping me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X