X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside US after H1B transfer

Hello,

I wanted little help.

I recently transferred my employer from employer 'A' to employer 'B' while on H1B visa.

My current H1B visa (with old employer A) is valid till March 2016.
    My new I797/I94 (with employer B) has a new end date of Feb 2017.
    I want to travel outside US (to Mexico) on a business trip.

here is my question:
    (1) I know, I will have to re-stamp new H1B visa (with employer B) if I travel after March 2016. Do I need to re-stamp new visa if I travel & return before March 2016?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Originally posted by The Rock View Post
    Hello,

I wanted little help.

I recently transferred my employer from employer 'A' to employer 'B' while on H1B visa.

My current H1B visa (with old employer A) is valid till March 2016.
    My new I797/I94 (with employer B) has a new end date of Feb 2017.
    I want to travel outside US (to Mexico) on a business trip.

here is my question:
    (1) I know, I will have to re-stamp new H1B visa (with employer B) if I travel after March 2016. Do I need to re-stamp new visa if I travel & return before March 2016?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
    No you dont. They may not oblige but do request the officer to give you I-94 to match your latest I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No you dont. They may not oblige but do request the officer to give you I-94 to match your latest I797.

Hello Raghvi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I have another follow-up question.

I currently have two I-94's.
      (1) Automated online I-94 generated when I came to US last time with the end date of March 2016.
      (2) New I94 with the same number as the automated online I94 but with a new end date of Feb 2017. This I94 came with my I797A approval notice of H1B transfer.

When I arrive to US after my Mexico trip, if the officer issues me a new automated online I94 with a different number and the end date of March 2016, whats going to happen? which will be my governing I-94 in terms of the last day in US?

Usually, what do we do with the paper copy of I94 which we receive with the I797A approval notice? It usually has the same I94 number as the online one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock View Post
        Hello Raghvi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I have another follow-up question.

I currently have two I-94's.
        (1) Automated online I-94 generated when I came to US last time with the end date of March 2016.
        (2) New I94 with the same number as the automated online I94 but with a new end date of Feb 2017. This I94 came with my I797A approval notice of H1B transfer.

When I arrive to US after my Mexico trip, if the officer issues me a new automated online I94 with a different number and the end date of March 2016, whats going to happen? which will be my governing I-94 in terms of the last day in US?

Usually, what do we do with the paper copy of I94 which we receive with the I797A approval notice? It usually has the same I94 number as the online one.
        Teh las

One should hand over all the I-94 in ones possession at the Exit point to get proper exit records updated. If not follow the process at https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/

I do not know if they are still issuing a new I-94 while re entering for short travel to neighboring countries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X