Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfer post 6 yrs /w I-140 approved.Current employer not letting I-140 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer post 6 yrs /w I-140 approved.Current employer not letting I-140 transfer

Background Info

Currently on H1B ( 6 year expiration will occur on Aug 5, 2015).

Current employer ( Company A) extended H1B past 6 year till aug 5, 2018 based on approved I-140 ( approved on May 31, 2013).

Interviewed with Company B on June 8, 2015

Company A laid off on June 11, 2015 without notice and severance. Company A did not extend termination date with regards to sabbatical and accrued vacation days.

Co-workers from same group and department got termination notice of 1 month till July 15,2015 under same criteria of layoff as well as severance pay.

Last pay period from company A was on June 30, 2015, paid out through a cheque dated june 16, 2015.

Company B wanted to extend offer on June 18, 2015 but requested copy of I-140. I send them the copy of I-140 that company A had got approval from USCIS with priority date in Sept 2012.

Company B requested Company A to allow transfer of I-140, but Company A refused and said they want to send I-140 and H1B to USCIS for revoke.

Company B is unable to hire me since without I-140 they are not able to get me approved H1B to work in US, past aug 5, 2015.

My questions :

1.Is there any way I can get a work authorization to work in US after aug 5, 2015.?

2.If not , what is the last day i can be present in US without legal penalties.?

3.I would also like to explore legal notice against Company A manager and HR for false / misleading grounds for my termination ( over last 2 years) as well as my severance terms being different and way more harsher to others in same department / team

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X