X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Documents for Stamping outside US after COS approval when in US

Hi All,
    This is my first post .
    I new employer have applied for H1B and i got COS approval I-797A [CaseType : I129] , Notice of Action from my lawyer
    My wife got H4 [CaseType-I529] approved .
    We were in L1 and L2 respectively but moved outside US in July .

I searched a lot for what documents i need to carry , immihelp says I-129 and I-797 [optional] , I do not have I-129 but i have original I-797A for both me and my wife .
    Can you please help if i need I-129 and should i contact my lawyer for it ?

What other documents is needed aparts form listed below from the site
    Self : Passport , Offer letter , W2 forms [i have for last 2 years] , offer letter , Ds-160 , I-129??? !! , appointment letter
    Wife : passport , Ds-160 , I-129 of principal applicant? [I don't have this] , appointment letter

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi All,
    This is my first post .
    I new employer have applied for H1B and i got COS approval I-797A [CaseType : I129] , Notice of Action from my lawyer
    My wife got H4 [CaseType-I529] approved .
    We were in L1 and L2 respectively but moved outside US in July .

I searched a lot for what documents i need to carry , immihelp says I-129 and I-797 [optional] , I do not have I-129 but i have original I-797A for both me and my wife .
    Can you please help if i need I-129 and should i contact my lawyer for it ?

What other documents is needed aparts form listed below from the site
    Self : Passport , Offer letter , W2 forms [i have for last 2 years] , offer letter , Ds-160 , I-129??? !! , appointment letter
    Wife : passport , Ds-160 , I-129 of principal applicant? [I don't have this] , appointment letter

Your employer or their lawyers should be able to provide you a copy of LCA as well as I129. Also, are you working directly for the employer or you working for an end client? If end client you need client letter MSA/SOW too.

Extensive list of documents is at https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/ and https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Your employer or their lawyers should be able to provide you a copy of LCA as well as I129. Also, are you working directly for the employer or you working for an end client? If end client you need client letter MSA/SOW too.

Extensive list of documents is at https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/ and https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank You , I will contact my attorney on I-129 . I will be working directly for the client .
      LCA is this required for H1B COS , I was on L1 until now in US and i never heard about it from my attorney until now so have to see if they really have it .

Comment

Thank You , I will contact my attorney on I-129 . I will be working directly for the client .
        LCA is this required for H1B COS , I was on L1 until now in US and i never heard about it from my attorney until now so have to see if they really have it .
        Is I-797A required , The I94 i have now on the I-797A , should i be returning this at port of entry ?

Comment

Original I-797A is required for your visa stamping. You should return the I-94 that is attached to I-797 when you exit U.S (not when you re-enter @ POE). Your employer/attorney should be able to give you a copy of I-129 and LCA for the visa stamping. Keep a copy of all your I-94s before your return them (for future records).

Is I-797A required , The I94 i have now on the I-797A , should i be returning this at port of entry ?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X