Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa expired while travelling to India

Hi,
    I got married in Sep'14 and obtained H4 till Jun'15 though my husband's H1B was valid till Sep'15. I went to US on a sabbatical from my employer and I had to return back to join in Mar15. Since then I am in India. My H4 expired in Jun15 and my co. filed L1B visa for me in Jul15 which got rejected. Now my husband has got his H1B extended in US.
    1) Will his approval notice be sufficient to get an H4 for me now or he needs to travel back to India to get it stamped?
    2) Will this entire scenario have any effect on chances of my H4 visa approval now?

Originally posted by gp28 View Post
    Hi,
    I got married in Sep'14 and obtained H4 till Jun'15 though my husband's H1B was valid till Sep'15. I went to US on a sabbatical from my employer and I had to return back to join in Mar15. Since then I am in India. My H4 expired in Jun15 and my co. filed L1B visa for me in Jul15 which got rejected. Now my husband has got his H1B extended in US.
    1) Will his approval notice be sufficient to get an H4 for me now or he needs to travel back to India to get it stamped?
    2) Will this entire scenario have any effect on chances of my H4 visa approval now?
    1. Yes it should be along with his latest paystubs. In extreme rare cases where the credentials of your spouse's employer or employer employee relationship is not clearly established then your spouse may be asked to attend too.
    2. I don't think so. Your L1 rejection or H1 not having latest visa stamping should not affect the outcome of your H4 decision.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X