Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B visa renewal Dropbox questions

Hello There,

I am working in USA on H1-B visa. I have a approved visa extension for next 3 yrs which is not yet stamped in my passport. My first visa had expired in Sept 30th 2014 (stamped in passport). I am planning to travel to India this Sept-Nov 2015. I am working for the same employer so in order to get my visa extension stamped , I would like to drop my passport in the drop box service.

My question, is for drop box service I meet all criteria except I am unclear on one of below criteria,

"If I am applying for an H visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months"

I am trying to understand,

1) If I decide to apply for visa stamp extension(in passport) in Nov 2015 will I still be eligible for drop box service or I have to go for interview as its more than 12months after my existing visa stamped in my passport has expired?

2) If I decide to apply for visa stamp extension(in passport) on Sept 29th-30th 2015 will I still be eligible for drop box service since the processing time varies from 8-21 calendar days, If it's 21 calendar days do I need to be available in person in India at US consulate 21days prior to my first visa stamp expired(Sept30th 2014) in order to meet criteria "expired within the last 12 months"

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Vin

1) If I decide to apply for visa stamp extension(in passport) in Nov 2015 will I still be eligible for drop box service or I have to go for interview as its more than 12months after my existing visa stamped in my passport has expired?
    >>> You won't qualify for drop box as the criteria clearly states that the previous visa of the same category should be valid or it should have expired within the last 12 months. In your case, it will be more than 12 months since the last visa expiry date as of the date of your visa interview.

2) If I decide to apply for visa stamp extension(in passport) on Sept 29th-30th 2015 will I still be eligible for drop box service since the processing time varies from 8-21 calendar days, If it's 21 calendar days do I need to be available in person in India at US consulate 21days prior to my first visa stamp expired(Sept30th 2014) in order to meet criteria "expired within the last 12 months"
    >>> Not exactly sure what you are asking. When you try to take the appointment, the system will decide whether you are eligible for drop box or not based on the information that you enter. The system will let you know when and where to send you documents. You need to be in India when you submit your application/documents through drop box and there is no need to be present there prior to that. You are not supposed to courier your passport overseas if that is what you are trying to ask.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X