Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original I-797 required for Interview

Hi Team

I have my Interview scheduled with new delhi consulate tomorrow and just realised that I don't have my original I-797B form with me. All I have is a soft copy of it on email and a photocopy of it sent to me by my employer. My employer was not aware that original needs to be sent so he only sent me a copy.

Though while checking the list of required documents on your website for H1-B, it does states "Original I-797 is no longer required for Interview".

Can someone who went through the Interview recently confirm the same please? Otherwise I am planning to skip the Interview tomorrow and take a later date once I have the original I-797 by next week.

- Basant

If you want to absolutely avoid any delays in visa processing, then it is advisable to go with the original H1B approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by basyadav View Post
      Hi Team

I have my Interview scheduled with new delhi consulate tomorrow and just realised that I don't have my original I-797B form with me. All I have is a soft copy of it on email and a photocopy of it sent to me by my employer. My employer was not aware that original needs to be sent so he only sent me a copy.

Though while checking the list of required documents on your website for H1-B, it does states "Original I-797 is no longer required for Interview".

Can someone who went through the Interview recently confirm the same please? Otherwise I am planning to skip the Interview tomorrow and take a later date once I have the original I-797 by next week.

- Basant

i had appeared for an interview with Mumbai consualte last week and they didn't ask me for original. since all information is updated in their system, all they want to see is the photocopy i believe.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X