Successfull H1B stamping in chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successfull H1B stamping in chennai

DISCLAIMER: I am not sure whether i can share all the following details.. if anyone feel/found i should not.. please delete this thread or update this thread with the same..
    I shall delete the details.

I sincerly want to thank the members and founders of this website.. who shared so valuable details...

Here go my experience...

My appointment was scheduled @9:45AM..on Mondya 9th Jan.
    Reached the chennai consulate @9:00AM
    to my surprise already around 50 ppl were standing in the queue.

just before me a person with appointment @9:15 was also waiting..

HENCE FROM MY EXPERIENCE SUGGEST TO REACH CONSULATE BEFORE 30 MIN OF UR APPOINTMENT

Queue was moving slowly..

when i reached the entrance ..There is a counter they quickly checked my date of appointment and validity of the passport.

After few min security person asked me to enter into consulate...

Inside one lady quicly checked my other documents and allowed me to move further.

Moved and saw around 6 counters where ppl were standing..
    There were chairs where ppl can sit(for ladies and elderly ppl i think these helps)

In the counters most of them are indians.. i went and stood in the last counter as there were only 2 person.
    When my turn came she asked me to handover my H1 petition, LCA, appointment letter, passport documents.
    I submitted the documents.. she acknowledged with a pink slip...(can be tared at 2 places.. like a movie ticket)
    (I think you can go and stand in any counter..)
    There will be a number on pink slip..

One person guided me to go inside.. There again waited in the queue for 10 min to go inside a hall..where VO sits/stands(last hall)..
    (on the way drinking water is available .. )

after 10min entered into the last hall.. there few ppl were standing in the queue before VO..few ppl were sitting.

I was asked to sit till my pick slip number is called..
    after around 20min..my number was called..when approached handed over a file which my H1 petition, LCA,passport..

After receiving the file with documents..few indians were guiding ppl..
    There were around 5 counters...one person guided me to a counter for finger print scaning.. i went and stood in line..

As usual my turn came after sometime ..An American was sitting on the otherside of the glass ..she greeted and guided me for finger print scanning.
    (left index finger first..next right.) - She is very calm..Guiding and Wishing all the ppl.saying have good interview..

After this.. The most awaited part ..i.e. H1 interview.. there were around 7 counters.. I was asked to wait in a counter..
    (Pls make sure that you are standing in the right counter - all counters are not for H1B on my day)

(The time at that time was 12:40PM)

Me: Hello Sir
    VO: Hello

VO: Where are you working currently
    me: xxx(its AMerican based..one of the greatest companies..)

VO: Whether your YYYY and H1B employer are related?
    me: NO

VO: Tellme about your H1B employer..
    me: is a cmm-level 5 ...

VO: Can i see your Marksheet.
    Me: pls..i submitted the bunch of marksheets(mca distance education on top..)

VO: Ok.. he returned back. On which project your going to work on??
    ME: explained starting with its a product........

VO: Are you having any documentation regarding the project..duration.. technologies..
    ME: Thanks to my employer he gave me that..in one sheet.(it goes -- project name, description, environment, different phases..)

VO: Who is the end client for the product.
    ME: It is still in dev..

VO: OK..who are going to use this..
    ME: As this is a product it may take some time get into the market..so as of it is a product

VO: Ok..pls go and pay the fees.
    ME: Thanks sir.. have grt day..

went and payed money.. its around 1:05PM when i came out. done for the day..went to hotel and slept.

Congrats & thx for posting your exp.
    Can you plz confirm if you carried original of I-129 petition/LCA OR the notarized copies?
    I know that we need to carry original I-797 approval. But not sure about I-129 petition and LCA.

Comment

How long does it take to receive the passport/other documents once
      we complete the interview?

thanks in advance
      Blr

Comment

Originally posted by blrmaani
        How long does it take to receive the passport/other documents once
        we complete the interview?

thanks in advance
        Blr
        3 working days..u can track your passport using vfs website

Comment

Which Counter?

Hi,
          Do you remember which counter did you go to ?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Congratulations and thanks for updating us with such a useful information.
            Actually I didn't get any letter from my employer about projects with timelines. I would like to request for them from my employer. Could you please give me the sample of how it will be, so that I can request from my employer with same format.

Thanks & Regards,
            Ramakrishna

Comment

Format of project letter

Hi Ramdatta,

Could you please give me the sample format of project letter with timelines. so that we (who does not have) can request from employer with same format.

Thanks & Regards,
              sri.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X