Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Extension RFE response after filing amendment

Hi,

My original petition was filed for a client A, and it was approved for 3 years.
    Now my H1b Extension was filed for Client B in March 2015, and I got an RFE.
    As per new USCIS guidelines, my employer first filed an amendment for client B under normal processing, in July 2015. Now they are responding to RFE Client letter from Client B, in premium processing.

So I wanted to know will there be any issues, since my amendment is filed in normal processing and RFE response is going to be done in premium processing?

PS: My company is amongst the top 5 IT firms in india.

Thanks in advance

Not sure why an amendment was filed after filing the extension. You mentioned the H1B extension was filed with Client B's documents in March. In such case, what is the need to file the amendment in July? What was the reason for the RFE?
    Last edited by shervin143; 07-19-2015, 05:43 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Not sure why an amendment was filed after filing the extension. You mentioned the H1B extension was filed with Client B's documents in March. In such case, what is the need to file the amendment in July? What was the reason for the RFE?
      I had this doubt too. But my company told me that since you have changed clients from first petition, amendment necessary. They didnot disclose reason for RFE (per company policy), but did asked for Manager and client Letter. So i am assuming thats the reason.

Also, I started working for this client from Feb 2015 and my extension was only filed by March 2015. So could that be reason why amendment is required.
      In any case, I just want to know if this is of any cause of concern?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

This is not a cause for concern.

Originally posted by ash1183 View Post
        I had this doubt too. But my company told me that since you have changed clients from first petition, amendment necessary. They didnot disclose reason for RFE (per company policy), but did asked for Manager and client Letter. So i am assuming thats the reason.

Also, I started working for this client from Feb 2015 and my extension was only filed by March 2015. So could that be reason why amendment is required.
        In any case, I just want to know if this is of any cause of concern?

Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am in the same situation. Working for client B since 2014 and the original H1 petition had client A with different location. Applied for extension in early April, 2015. Received RFE in July, 2015. After that, my employer first applied for Amendment (by that time original petition had expired) then responded to RFE with client letter and the amendment case receipt number.

You mentioned your extension RFE was responded in PP. What happened to your extension and amendment petitions finally?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X