Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providing appropriate info to avoid confusion

Hi,
    My wife's H1 is valid till end of Oct 2015. I have quit my job (in India) and am planning to attend H4 visa interview soon. My questions are:

1. In DS160, there is a page which asks for 'Primary Occupation' and 'Present Employer or School Name'. Should I mention my Indian employer name, address and income details? Or should I just provide the school details so that the Interviewer understands that I am not working currently? Where do I mention that I am not currently employed?

2. In the interview, will I be asked why am I going to US on H4 when the principal applicant's H1 is valid only for another 3-4 months? Would the VO ask any such questions?

Originally posted by infoseekone View Post
    Hi,
    My wife's H1 is valid till end of Oct 2015. I have quit my job (in India) and am planning to attend H4 visa interview soon. My questions are:

1. In DS160, there is a page which asks for 'Primary Occupation' and 'Present Employer or School Name'. Should I mention my Indian employer name, address and income details? Or should I just provide the school details so that the Interviewer understands that I am not working currently? Where do I mention that I am not currently employed?

2. In the interview, will I be asked why am I going to US on H4 when the principal applicant's H1 is valid only for another 3-4 months? Would the VO ask any such questions?
    1. If you have already quit your job and would not be working at the time of interview, you can mention not working. I dont think there is a place as such where you need to explicitly write that you are not working currently.
    2. I doubt, but considering the fact that its expiring within 3-4 Months yes it may come up indirectly. Isnt her employer planning to file an extension? If yes, you can mention that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Providing appropriate info to avoid confusion

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If you have already quit your job and would not be working at the time of interview, you can mention not working. I dont think there is a place as such where you need to explicitly write that you are not working currently.
      2. I doubt, but considering the fact that its expiring within 3-4 Months yes it may come up indirectly. Isnt her employer planning to file an extension? If yes, you can mention that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      1. There is this 'Present Work Information' page where applicant needs to provide 'Primary Occupation'. Here 'Home maker' and 'Not Employed' are provided as options (besides Computer Science, Business and others). I think I can select 'Not Employed' option to keep it simple. Then there is a box where applicant needs to provide explanation. I think I can write that I have quit so that I can travel to the US.

2. My wife's employer is planning to file an extension but I am wondering if it would be alright to say that. I do not want to raise any unnecessary doubts or confusion. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by infoseekone View Post
        Hi,

--Answer truthfully. Are you studying? If not which school will you enter?

-- Yes, you can answer that the employer will be extending it, if that's the case.
        See above. Just answer truthfully and confidently.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X