Renewal of Indian passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of Indian passport

My current Indian passport is expiring in March 5,2016 and I am on H1 with petition validity until Jan 10,2016. Also have the visa stamped on my passport until Jan 10,2016. If I send my passport for renewal to Indian Consulate (SFO), will I receive my both new and original(current I have) passport?

My current original passport will be valid until Mar 5, 2016? or completely canceled?

Also what would happen to my current H1 visa stamped on my original current passport- will they be still effect? or will it be canceled?

I am planning to travel to India in Dec 1st week 2015 for a small 10 day visit- will there be any issue if I travel with my both passports(assuming I have my new passport in hand with me by that time)?

Will there be any issue in entering US under the above case or are there any limitations with it?

I am planning to commute to India via London- hope with the above case it should be fine?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Originally posted by zzrohit View Post
    My current Indian passport is expiring in March 5,2016 and I am on H1 with petition validity until Jan 10,2016. Also have the visa stamped on my passport until Jan 10,2016. If I send my passport for renewal to Indian Consulate (SFO), will I receive my both new and original(current I have) passport?

My current original passport will be valid until Mar 5, 2016? or completely canceled?

Also what would happen to my current H1 visa stamped on my original current passport- will they be still effect? or will it be canceled?

I am planning to travel to India in Dec 1st week 2015 for a small 10 day visit- will there be any issue if I travel with my both passports(assuming I have my new passport in hand with me by that time)?

Will there be any issue in entering US under the above case or are there any limitations with it?

I am planning to commute to India via London- hope with the above case it should be fine?

Please let me know. Thanks.
    -Yes. You should get both the passports back.
    -The older passport would be cancelled.
    -Visa is independent of passport validity, it has its own expiry and would be valid even if in an expired passport.
    -Dont see any issue in your travel. Only thing I can think of is that upon your return, most probably, you would get an I-94 only till March 2016 as that's when your visa expires.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Urgent pls help- passport renewal

Hi
      Its urgent...
      I went through the site for passport renewal in USA..I am confused so thought to ask you people about the documents required for it.
      I am on H4 . will the documents be same as normal renewal..
      Pls help

Comment

Yes. Same as normal renewal except that you need to send some of your spouse's documents. They also have a helpdesk that you can call if you have any questions.

Originally posted by vyomaa View Post
        Hi
        Its urgent...
        I went through the site for passport renewal in USA..I am confused so thought to ask you people about the documents required for it.
        I am on H4 . will the documents be same as normal renewal..
        Pls help
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X