Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Regarding Travel while H1B Amendment is in process

Hi All,

My initial I797B was for client-A. Later we just posted LCA for client-B and did not file an amendment. I got stamping for client-B, but did not travel.

Only now i have got the opportunity and planning for my travel, mean while my employer has initiated the process of H1B amendment as per the new policy by USCIS.

I have got reciept notice too for my amendment. Now the question is,can i travel when my amendment is pending.

Note: Amendment filed in regular and employer said they will convert to premium, post they recieve the receipt number. Not sure if this is done.

You can travel. Carry the H1B amendment's receipt notice and a copy of the amended LCA.
    If you absolutely want to avoid any questioning at the POE, then it is advisable to travel with the approved amendment (new approval notice). If filed in premium, it will take only 15 days to get the decision.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for your reply

Comment

Travel wthout receipt notice

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        You can travel. Carry the H1B amendment's receipt notice and a copy of the amended LCA.
        If you absolutely want to avoid any questioning at the POE, then it is advisable to travel with the approved amendment (new approval notice). If filed in premium, it will take only 15 days to get the decision.
        Hi,
        I have not received my receipt notice for amendment & my employer is saying it may have been lost & wait for final Amendment approval.
        Meanwhile I need to travel to home country & come back.Will there be any issue while returning at POE.My visa is valid tll may 2016 & no need to go for stamping.

Comment

Well, hard to say. Without the receipt notice, how do you even know that USCIS accepted your petition. If the employer did not receive the receipt notice, then they should contact USCIS to ask them to resend the receipt notice.

Originally posted by Harshilav12 View Post
          Hi,
          I have not received my receipt notice for amendment & my employer is saying it may have been lost & wait for final Amendment approval.
          Meanwhile I need to travel to home country & come back.Will there be any issue while returning at POE.My visa is valid tll may 2016 & no need to go for stamping.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X