Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside US with soon expiring visa

Hi,

I have lot of questions regarding travelling outside US with my current H1b visa. Hence I m giving a detailed scenario. Looking forward to a detail response to each of my questions. Thank you for your patience and response.
    I have a H1b visa valid till Sep 30th, 2015. I have applied for extension but not sure of my petition filing status.
    I have a plan to travel to Germany on August 18th and return on Sep 1st.
    So here are my questions
    1. If my petition is already filed , is it fine for me to travel to Germany?
    2. If my petition is not filed, then is it fine for me to travel to Germany?
    3. Will I have any problem of traveling back to US from Germany with 1 month validity US visa.
    4. If I m not allowed to travel to US from Germany, then what could be the best option for my travel to us.

Thanks,
    Aanish G

1. If my petition is already filed , is it fine for me to travel to Germany?
    >>> If you travel outside when the extension is pending, then EOS can be denied. Advisable to leave only after getting a decision on your extension from USCIS. Premium processing will get you the result within 15 days.

2. If my petition is not filed, then is it fine for me to travel to Germany?
    >>> Yes. But then you will have very less time to file the extension upon your return.

3. Will I have any problem of traveling back to US from Germany with 1 month validity US visa.
    >>> Nope. Your I-94 will be issued only till the petition expiry date (1 month) and you will have less time to file the extension.

4. If I m not allowed to travel to US from Germany, then what could be the best option for my travel to us.
    >>> As long as you have a valid H1B visa, H1B approval notice and passport, you will be able to travel.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X