Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview waiver/Dropbox eligibility criteria

Hi,
    I'm applying for my H1B and H4 visa for my wife. When I try to book the visa appointment at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html, it says that I'm eligible for visa waiver program and won't let me book an appointment. I believe I have answered the eligibility questions correctly. My only doubt is that I changed my employer and there is some misleading information which says that I'm not eligible if my employer has changed from my last H1B visa.

I tried calling and emailing [email protected], but they were not helpful.

Has anyone else applied through dropbox after changing their employer? Can you confirm that I can apply through the dropbox?

Thanks,
    Praveen.

I'm applying for my H1B and H4 visa for my wife. When I try to book the visa appointment at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/index.html, it says that I'm eligible for visa waiver program and won't let me book an appointment. I believe I have answered the eligibility questions correctly. My only doubt is that I changed my employer and there is some misleading information which says that I'm not eligible if my employer has changed from my last H1B visa.
    >>> There is a recent change. You are still eligible for drop box after changing your employer as long as your are in H1B (No status change). It doesn't used to be like this before. After answering all the questions correctly, if the system says that you are eligible for drop box, then go with it.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Do you know what supporting documents I need to send by mail? Specifically, do I need to send originals of marriage certificate, marks cards, pay stubs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by visarookie View Post
        Hi,

I tried calling and emailing [email protected], but they were not helpful.

Has anyone else applied through dropbox after changing their employer? Can you confirm that I can apply through the dropbox?

Thanks,
        Praveen.
        Good News! One of my friend who changed employer got the visa stamped in a week time through drop box. Ensure you have all the documents/criteria listed as stated in the USCIS website, then everything should be good.
        Disclaimer! This is not a legal advice but my personal opinion

Comment

employer change

Hi,

What do they mean by "My most recent visa was issued in India"?

I am on my H1B from 2013. My Visa is extended every year (2014 - with same employer and 2015 - new employer current visa). I got my first H1B (2013) stamped in Canada which expired in an year. Did not get any stamp on 2014-2015 till Sept 30 2015. I am traveling to India next month,Will I be eligible for dropbox for my new visa with new employer?

What should I answer for "My most recent visa was issued in India"?

TIA

Sree

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X