Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal by Tatkal and Visa Stamping

Hi,

My Passport is getting expired by end of Feb 2016, (7months) I have received my H1B, I-797B, Notice of Action.

I had following questions regarding my interview and passport renewal.

Question 1: All my H1-B documents contains my old passport number, will there be any issue, if I get a new passport thru' Tatkal and go for Stamping?
    Question 2: In this case, should I need to mention my old passport number and H1-B receipt number on DS-160 form or the new passport and H1-B recepit number (I am travelling with my dependents)
    Question 3: I have applied for L1B during July 2010 and got rejected. Will that creates any impact on my H1-B interview.
    Question 4: Should I need to block or book tickets before appearing for H1-B interview?
    Question 5: How complex is getting a new passport and extending my I-94 (and my dependents, if required) being in USA. My stay is in Michigan.

Kindly provide your feedback asap.

Regards,
    Yuvaraj

Question 1: All my H1-B documents contains my old passport number, will there be any issue, if I get a new passport thru' Tatkal and go for Stamping?
    >>> No.

Question 2: In this case, should I need to mention my old passport number and H1-B receipt number on DS-160 form or the new passport and H1-B recepit number (I am travelling with my dependents)
    >>> New passport number. Why will you mentioned a cancelled passport number in DS160?

Question 3: I have applied for L1B during July 2010 and got rejected. Will that creates any impact on my H1-B interview.
    >>> No.

Question 4: Should I need to block or book tickets before appearing for H1-B interview?
    >>> No. There is no point in booking the tickets without getting the visa approved.

Question 5: How complex is getting a new passport and extending my I-94 (and my dependents, if required) being in USA. My stay is in Michigan.
    >>> Passport renewal in U.S is easy. It takes about a month to get the passport renewed. To get the I-94 extended, you will need to file an extension.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What if I apply for new passport after stamping and before travelling to USA? Will there be any issue??

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> No.

>>> New passport number. Why will you mentioned a cancelled passport number in DS160?

>>> No.

>>> No. There is no point in booking the tickets without getting the visa approved.

>>> Passport renewal in U.S is easy. It takes about a month to get the passport renewed. To get the I-94 extended, you will need to file an extension.

Comment

You can do that. While travelling you will need to carry both your new and old passport since the visa will be in the old cancelled passport.
        But just keep in mind that if your passport is expiring in less than a year, then the VO can (Depending on the officer) issue the visa only till the passport expiry date and not till the H1B petition expiry date. My advise would be to renew the passport and then apply for the visa, so that even the small probability of getting the visa for the shorter duration until passport expiry date is taken out.

Originally posted by vyuvarajin View Post
        Thanks for the reply. What if I apply for new passport after stamping and before travelling to USA? Will there be any issue??
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X