Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS 160- family name mismatch between the passport and the marriage cert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160- family name mismatch between the passport and the marriage cert.

Hi all,

My wife is in US with F1 visa since August 2014, I have applied for H1 visa and my petetion got selected and approved by Jun 2015. I am now on my way to fill the DS-160 form to schedule an visa appointment.

The problem I have now is with the surname of my wife. Our marriage certificate has the surname with my family name and we did not updated the family name in her passport after marriage so her passport and F1 visa which she is on now in US is all with her Maiden name.

1. I am now confused on which name to add in the spouse details section of DS-160.

Which one would be the best option for me to do, to mention my wife name as it was in her Passport and F1 visa or the one with the name change (my surname) in the marriage certificate?
    Since she is already in US she cannot be here during my H1 Visa interview with me so I cannot product her passport as a proof. I have only marriage certificate with me now with the changed name.

2. Also can i provide my spouse details as the contact details in US or do i need to give the employer details as my contact details in US.

Please advise..

Thanks in advance,

My wife is in US with F1 visa since August 2014, I have applied for H1 visa and my petetion got selected and approved by Jun 2015. I am now on my way to fill the DS-160 form to schedule an visa appointment.

The problem I have now is with the surname of my wife. Our marriage certificate has the surname with my family name and we did not updated the family name in her passport after marriage so her passport and F1 visa which she is on now in US is all with her Maiden name.

1. I am now confused on which name to add in the spouse details section of DS-160.

Which one would be the best option for me to do, to mention my wife name as it was in her Passport and F1 visa or the one with the name change (my surname) in the marriage certificate?
    Since she is already in US she cannot be here during my H1 Visa interview with me so I cannot product her passport as a proof. I have only marriage certificate with me now with the changed name.
    >>> Go with the one in the passport. Marriage certificate is not need for your H1B visa interview.

2. Also can i provide my spouse details as the contact details in US or do i need to give the employer details as my contact details in US.
    >>> Either one will work.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X