Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer to multiple company with gap of few days

Hi
    I am currently working with Company A. I got offer from Company B and they have started the h1b transfer process. But now I get offer from Company B they are going to start the h1b transfer in few days. I have already resign from my company A and serving notice period. I want to join company C but that company will take some time.
    Can I join company B for few days as I dont want to be out of status and once Company C get approaval I can join C.
    Currently I havent told Company C I am joining company B. I have shared I797b of my company A.

Will it be a problem for company C say I join Company B and after week time company c also get approval or C will face problem in getting approval as USCIS will come to know I have accepted offer of B

There is no point in joining Company B if you won't get pay slip from them. I am not sure if Company B will issue you pay slip if you just work for them for a week or two (All big companies do, but I am not sure how reputed Company B is). If you don't get that pay slip, then irrespective of whether you worked or not, you will be considered out of status for the period you don't have pay slips. If you are more worried about the out of status period, then make sure to get the first pay slip from Company B and then join Company C. But all that looks unnecessary complications since you will also not receive an experience letter from Company B (Which will be useful while filing H1B extensions and GC). The best option to to try and extend your last working day with Company A and join Company C immediately after receiving their H1B filing receipt notice (Although in most other cases I wouldn't recommend joining an employer with the receipt notice).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X