Experts! Need some clarity on my situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts! Need some clarity on my situation

So, I resigned from my job in March 2015 and returned back home for personal reasons. My employer probably filed for revoking H1 on March 1st.
    My first 3 years period of H1 expires on Sept 15th.

My personal situation has changed a bit. As of now I still have 35 days for the H1b stamping on my passport to expire.

What are my options? Can I go to the US and then try and search for a job in the next 1 month?
    Do I need stamping to again visit US?
    Am I out of status and thus cannot visit the US?

Just need some clarity of thought.

Originally posted by gmarv View Post
    So, I resigned from my job in March 2015 and returned back home for personal reasons. My employer probably filed for revoking H1 on March 1st.
    My first 3 years period of H1 expires on Sept 15th.

My personal situation has changed a bit. As of now I still have 35 days for the H1b stamping on my passport to expire.

What are my options? Can I go to the US and then try and search for a job in the next 1 month?
    Do I need stamping to again visit US?
    Am I out of status and thus cannot visit the US?

Just need some clarity of thought.
    You first need to find an employer who is willing to sponsor your H1 petition. The employer can file a cap exempt petition for you, and you need not go through a lottery. Once the petition is approved, I would suggest you attend the visa interview again, as you current visa is valid only for 35 More days. Based on the approved petition and the visa officers judgement, you can get a new visa.

You cannot enter US using your current H1 but without a job., if at the POE they find out you run risk of being deported back and would face great difficulty in getting a visa in the future.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X