Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extention when first visa is valid

Hi All,

I am having valid H1B visa till feb, 2016 but filled extension because i will visit India in December, 2015 and will come back in January, 2016. If extension is approved do i still need to go for stamping in India?

The purpose of my visit is marriage and i am planing to get my spouse in USA along with me. Do i need to appear for visa interview along with her? Please advise.

I am having valid H1B visa till feb, 2016 but filled extension because i will visit India in December, 2015 and will come back in January, 2016. If extension is approved do i still need to go for stamping in India?
    >>> Not required. You can enter as long as your H1B visa and petition are valid as of the date of travel.

The purpose of my visit is marriage and i am planing to get my spouse in USA along with me.

Do i need to appear for visa interview along with her?
    >>> Not required. She can attend the H4 interview alone.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Not required. You can enter as long as your H1B visa and petition are valid as of the date of travel.

The purpose of my visit is marriage and i am planing to get my spouse in USA along with me.

Do i need to appear for visa interview along with her?
      >>> Not required. She can attend the H4 interview alone.
      Q: which petition should be submitted, new extended petition or the old valid till feb, 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by hasanarsh View Post
        Q: which petition should be submitted, new extended petition or the old valid till feb, 2016?
        An H1B visa is a nonimmigrant visa used by American companies who wish to employ foreign workers in occupations that require college degrees or their equivalency. Most occupations for which foreign employees use the visa are in medicine, chemistry, engineering, biotechnology and the social sciences. Employees who are granted H1B visas may only work for the sponsoring American company.
        A worker with a H1B visa can remain in the US for up to six years. It is initially for three years but can be extended for additional three years.

A worker can leave the US without losing the time lost in the US. For example, if the foreign worker leaves the US for 3 months, he can recapture the time lost toward the three or six years.
        - Jitendra Biket

Comment

Why will you use the old petition when you have a new extended petition?

Originally posted by hasanarsh View Post
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X