Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• husband's H4 issues

Hello,

My husband and myself applied for H1. Mine is picked up in the lottery and my husband's is not.I am applying for the H1 stamping and my husband wants to come to US later as he is working over here.So,he is not applying for H4 now.I have 6 years old daughter,I want to take my daughter along with me to USA, while applying her visa,are both the parents visas must be required or only my visa is enough to get her visa stamping?

So what are the questions they will ask during my H1 stamping as my husband is not applying for H4 now? and do they ask question like Your husband is working over here, earning good salary and has good designation,will he come as dependent as he should leave his job, why does he wants to come as dependent?

Please suggest me what should i answer in this regard and is my husband's visa mandatory for my child's visa stamping?

Best regards,
    Sai.

Originally posted by SaiLakshmi View Post
    Hello,

My husband and myself applied for H1. Mine is picked up in the lottery and my husband's is not.I am applying for the H1 stamping and my husband wants to come to US later as he is working over here.So,he is not applying for H4 now.I have 6 years old daughter,I want to take my daughter along with me to USA, while applying her visa,are both the parents visas must be required or only my visa is enough to get her visa stamping?

So what are the questions they will ask during my H1 stamping as my husband is not applying for H4 now? and do they ask question like Your husband is working over here, earning good salary and has good designation,will he come as dependent as he should leave his job, why does he wants to come as dependent?

Please suggest me what should i answer in this regard and is my husband's visa mandatory for my child's visa stamping?

Best regards,
    Sai.
    Only your visa is enough, but your husband's official consent is required for your child's visa stamping.

As for question regarding why your spouse would not come on H4, I really doubt they would ask it, but even if they do no harm in telling the right reasons. They may ask your spouse when he goes for H4 as to what he plans to do while in US, then too he can be honest and say he will be at home taking care of the kid as he cannot work on H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Only your visa is enough, but your husband's official consent is required for your child's visa stamping.

As for question regarding why your spouse would not come on H4, I really doubt they would ask it, but even if they do no harm in telling the right reasons. They may ask your spouse when he goes for H4 as to what he plans to do while in US, then too he can be honest and say he will be at home taking care of the kid as he cannot work on H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you so much Raghvi for your valuable suggestion.

Comment

Thank you so much Raghvi for your valuable suggestion.

If he is on H4 he should be without job for three years. If they ask like he should be without job for three years what my answer should be for that to justify it?

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
        Sai

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X