Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a toddler accompany an adult for Visa Interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a toddler accompany an adult for Visa Interview?

I could not find any similar questions so posting it here. Sorry if it has been discussed before.

Has anyone in this forum had to take a toddler (who is a US citizen) to the visa interview? I saw on the consulate website that they 'recommend' not bringing children who are not appearing for interview but I am inclined to interpret this as saying 'it is not prohibited'.

Not sure if anyone has ever done it. Problem is the consulate is in Mumbai and we don't have anyone who can take care of the little one while we go for the stamping/interview.
    Last edited by bhavinbm; 08-17-2015, 03:48 PM.
    All posts/threads by me are my opinions only. I can not be held responsible for any action you take after reading my posts/threads.

You are allowed to take your U.S born child while attending the visa interview at a U.S consulate in India. Remember to take the child's U.S passport with you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You are allowed to take your U.S born child while attending the visa interview at a U.S consulate in India. Remember to take the child's U.S passport with you.
      I would say no. Because my friend did the same thing for Visa interview and VO specifically said "I know why you have brought your son with you and it doesn't make any difference. So don't do it in future"

Comment

Well, maybe that is that specific VO. As to whether a U.S born child is allowed inside the U.S consulate or not, the answer is YES. If there is no one to take care of child, or if the child is not comfortable staying with anyone else, there is no other option other than to take the child with you and it is allowed. Many people have done that without any issues.

Originally posted by Xinxu View Post
        I would say no. Because my friend did the same thing for Visa interview and VO specifically said "I know why you have brought your son with you and it doesn't make any difference. So don't do it in future"
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Well, maybe that is that specific VO. As to whether a U.S born child is allowed inside the U.S consulate or not, the answer is YES. If there is no one to take care of child, or if the child is not comfortable staying with anyone else, there is no other option other than to take the child with you and it is allowed. Many people have done that without any issues.
          Thanks for your inputs. The response I got from the consulate via email was that they normally don't allow this but in case of 'emergency' you are allowed to bring the child.
          All posts/threads by me are my opinions only. I can not be held responsible for any action you take after reading my posts/threads.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X