H1B to L2 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to L2 transfer

Hi, My H1B would expire on September 30,2015. I am planning to apply for COS from H1B to L2 based on my spouse L1. My queries are:
    1. I am assuming one month time is less for COS to get approved, but i can continue to stay in US even after my H1B has expired once i have receipt number for L2 application submission.
    2. Can I file H1B to L2 COS online.
    3. If i paper file my I539, at what address do i send the application for submission.
    4. Can I paper file EAD application along with I539. do they both go in same envelop and to same address?

1. I am assuming one month time is less for COS to get approved, but i can continue to stay in US even after my H1B has expired once i have receipt number for L2 application submission.
    >>> Yes, as long as the date of the receipt notice is before your H1B expiry date.

2. Can I file H1B to L2 COS online.
    >>> Nope. You need to send the documents physically.

3. If i paper file my I539, at what address do i send the application for submission.
    >>> Check the USCIS web site.
    The filing location for your Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, depends on your filing classification and where you live.The accordio

The following groups use this form: Certain nonimmigrants extending their stay or changing to another nonimmigrant status; CNMI residents applying for an initial grant of status; F and M nonimmigrants applying for reinstatement; and, Persons seeking V nonimmigrant status or an extension of stay as a V nonimmigrant.

4. Can I paper file EAD application along with I539. do they both go in same envelop and to same address?
    >>> You can file them together at the same time. Check the below link for more details.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X