X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more info on H4 as husband's H1 is transferred to new Employer

Hi,

My situation is as below.

My husband is on H1 and i am on H4 visa.
    My husband got a visa extn till Jun 2017 when he was in company A and applied on Dec 2014. But his passport was stamped with expired one Dec 2014 during his last visit to india.
    I made a travel on Jan 2015 and traveled back in Feb with the latest stamped date as Jun 2017. Stamp clearly has Company A details on it.
    My husband has recently transferred his visa to new employer B on April 2015. He just holds is 1797. No stamping done yet. He is still not traveled to india.

When we asked his new employer B for my (spouse) H4 transfer they are saying since i hold a valid visa till 2017 i can travel back and forth.
    Could any one please clarify is their statement true.
    I suspect i can not as my stamp is having all the details pertaining to my husband's old employer and my husband is no longer with that employer.
    Your inputs are highly appreciated!!
    Thanks!!!

Employer name in the visa does not matter. You both can use your existing valid H1B / H4 visa to re-enter U.S as long as they remain valid. You will have to carry the latest H1B approval notice from the current employer though.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X