Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa interview in different country

Good Day Everyone,

I have a query regarding H1b visa interview. This will be my first H1b visa interview (already have b1/b2 and L1b on my passport and valid) and it was filed while i was in India earlier this year. Currently i am in NewZealand. Is it possible to schedule the interview here instead of going back to India ? If yes , whats the Pros and cons for the same ?

Thanks,
    Rajesh

If you currently live in NewZealand then you can apply for your visa there. Usually they expect your first time H1B stamping to be in your home country because it will be difficult to evaluate our degree certificates in a foreign country. The worst thing that can happen is that you could receive a 221g for additional admin processing to validate your academic certificates.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for quick response Shervin. But considering the fact that I have approved and valid B1/B2 and L1b visa , will that still be required ?

Comment

Having a L1 before can help. During B1/B2 they will not pay much attention to your education. L1 is an intra compay transfer visa, which is a whole lot different from H1B. Like I mentioned, it is not mandatory that you attend the first time H1B stamping in your home country. It is just advisable. Since you are already living in NewZealand, you can definitely try there. Usually it is not advisable for someone to travel to a nearby third nation country to get their first time H1B stamping because if they receive a 221g, they will get stuck there. In your case that is not a problem since you already live there. If the VO finds it completely impossible to evaluate your application, he/she would ask you to go back and get the visa stamped from your home country.

Originally posted by TheLegend84 View Post
        Thanks for quick response Shervin. But considering the fact that I have approved and valid B1/B2 and L1b visa , will that still be required ?

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the help. Can you let me know if it is possible to transfer the H1b visa from sponsor company (for which I have never worked for) to my current company before stamping or interview. If yes , what's the process ? And what I need to take care of in that case ? I have only receipt number and my application has been already approved by USCIS.

Comment

If the H1B was filed under a brand new CAP, then you cannot transfer until Oct 1st. You will need a copy of the H1B approval notice to initiate the transfer. Your current employer will need to file a transfer and that should get approved.

Originally posted by TheLegend84 View Post
            Thanks Shervin for the help. Can you let me know if it is possible to transfer the H1b visa from sponsor company (for which I have never worked for) to my current company before stamping or interview. If yes , what's the process ? And what I need to take care of in that case ? I have only receipt number and my application has been already approved by USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X