Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa extensions for my kids

HI,

I am currently in H1b status and it is valida till 2017 end, i need to apply for an H4 extension for my 2 kids which is expiring in 2016 Feb.
    I am trying to fill the 1-539 form, need your help to clarify my some of the below items ,

Could you please help me on this below clarification. Thanks in advance.

Doubt 1:
    Can i be the applicant for my kids ? if i am the applicant , then i should not check the "extension of status in my current status right in part 2 application type?

Doubt 2 :
    Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?
    My Doubt : do i need to select Yes or No ?

Doubt 1:
    Can i be the applicant for my kids ? if i am the applicant , then i should not check the "extension of status in my current status right in part 2 application type?
    >>> Your kids will be the applicants. Form I-539 is for your kids, not for you. You need to check "Extension of status in my current status" assuming your kids are currently in H4 status.

Doubt 2 :
    Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?
    My Doubt : do i need to select Yes or No ?
    >>> You should select "NO" since your kids never worked in U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X