Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport with H1 stamping

Hi

I lost my passport with H1 stamping couple of months back but I applied for new one and got it recently.Now My question is

1.Can I go to CBP ofice and correct the I94 with my new passport number info ?If not What do I need to do to get it corrcted?I heard that USCIS corects only if the mistake is from their end,is it true?
    2.Once I94 is corrected,If I want to change my employer will it be a problem since I dont have stamping in my passport?What do I need to do since I dont have plans to go India untill next year?

Thanks in Advance

1.Can I go to CBP ofice and correct the I94 with my new passport number info ?If not What do I need to do to get it corrcted?I heard that USCIS corects only if the mistake is from their end,is it true?
    >>> There is no need to correct anything on the I-94 just because you got a new passport.

2.Once I94 is corrected,If I want to change my employer will it be a problem since I dont have stamping in my passport?What do I need to do since I dont have plans to go India untill next year?
    >>> Stamping is not needed to change employers. You need a copy of your H1B approval notice to transfer the H1B to a new employer. Don't you have a copy of your previous visa? New employer might ask for a copy of your previous H1B visa.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

[QUOTE=shervin143;429866]1.Can I go to CBP ofice and correct the I94 with my new passport number info ?If not What do I need to do to get it corrcted?I heard that USCIS corects only if the mistake is from their end,is it true?
      >>> There is no need to correct anything on the I-94 just because you got a new passport.

Thanks for responding quickly.My I94 is linked to my old lost passport number shouldnt I apply for new I94 to have the new passport details reflected?

Comment

Not required. People who renew their passport in U.S doesn't need to do anything to the I-94 just because they got a new passport. The same is good for lost and reissued passport.

[QUOTE=sujanareddy;429867]
        Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

Thanks for responding quickly.My I94 is linked to my old lost passport number shouldnt I apply for new I94 to have the new passport details reflected?
        Last edited by shervin143; 08-26-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

ok..How do I get I94 information online
          https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html ?

Will it be updated only after I get replacement visa?

Comment

It will be updated when you get a new I-94 at the POE by leaving U.S and re-entering back.

Originally posted by sujanareddy View Post
            ok..How do I get I94 information online
            https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html ?

Will it be updated only after I get replacement visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X