Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two I-797 approval in hand with different dates for same employer. need help on stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two I-797 approval in hand with different dates for same employer. need help on stamp

Hello All,

Seeking a guidance on having multiple I-797 approval for with same employer and go for stamping to India.

My Current H1B Petition I-797 Approved end Date: 31-Dec-2015
    H1B visa extension New I-797 has Start & End Date: 1-Jan-2016 \ 31-Aug-2017
    (Note : My extension got filed for New Client within same city. Not sure how amendment , LCA represented. Awaiting doc and clarification from Attorney)

Plan to visit India next month (Sep 2015) and need to appear for stamping through Visa Waiver Program as I am eligible for this until 30-Sep-2015.

Tentative date to be appear for Visa Waiver program – Passport drop off at Chennai VFS on 25-Sep-2015. Which I-797 I need to refer for visa appointment and DS-160. What would be my start and end date of my visa.

I do need to come back US on Oct-2015. Any problem on my return travel as my new I-797 start date on future one.

Appreciate your help. Thank You

Since you have an extended petition, that is what you should be mentioning in DS160. The visa, if approved, will be issued matching the validity of your extended petition. While going for the visa interview, carry both the old and the new approval notice. No issues in travelling back either. You need to show both the old and new approval notice to the officer at the POE. Before leaving the POE, make sure your I-94 is issued till the extended petition expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Since you have an extended petition, that is what you should be mentioning in DS160. The visa, if approved, will be issued matching the validity of your extended petition. While going for the visa interview, carry both the old and the new approval notice. No issues in travelling back either. You need to show both the old and new approval notice to the officer at the POE. Before leaving the POE, make sure your I-94 is issued till the extended petition expiry date.
      Thank You Shervin for prompt response.

Any idea about the start date of Visa , Visa stamping date or extended petition start date on future(1-Jan-2016). My travel back on Oct-2015.

Comment

I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no "start date" on the visa. There is only issue date and expiry date. Visa stamping date (issue date) will be the date on which you appear for the visa interview. Petition start date will be mentioned in the petition itself. Your new petition will be valid only from Jan 1st 2016. But why is that a problem? That is why I am saying that you need to carry both your old and the new petition together.

Originally posted by Santosh.amrit View Post
        Thank You Shervin for prompt response.

Any idea about the start date of Visa , Visa stamping date or extended petition start date on future(1-Jan-2016). My travel back on Oct-2015.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no "start date" on the visa. There is only issue date and expiry date. Visa stamping date (issue date) will be the date on which you appear for the visa interview. Petition start date will be mentioned in the petition itself. Your new petition will be valid only from Jan 1st 2016. But why is that a problem? That is why I am saying that you need to carry both your old and the new petition together.
          Got you. Cleared out. Thank You.

Comment

Hi Santosh,
            Hope trip went well. I am also in same situation, can you please let me know, are there any issues you faced at visa stamping or at POE?

Thanks,
            Chandra

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Santosh,?
            Hope your trip went well. I am also same situation my new petition start date in 02/04/2016 and I am traveling to india in Dec, 2015.
            can you please let me know, did you faced any issues while stamping or at POE? Please share your experience.

Thanks,
            Chandra

Comment

Also in the same boat. My wife and kid are planning to get the H4 Visa stamped in India. Their previous visa was expired 14 months ago hence not eligible for drop box option.
              My H1B extension got approved and validity starts from August 2016. As part of stamping procedures, In ds-160 form we did mention extension receipt number. They would carry both extension approval and current approval copies to visa interview and also while travelling back to US.

Now what is the start date of visa they are going to receive after interview? We are aware that for visa only issue date would be there and no start date on it, so issue date is the day they attend interview or extension approved start date? Can they travel back before August 2016? Would be there any problems at POE?

Experts, any ideas please?

Comment

Santosh - Did you had any problem at POE since you petition start date was future dated?? pl. let me know

Vijay

Hello All,

Seeking a guidance on having multiple I-797 approval for with same employer and go for stamping to India.

My Current H1B Petition I-797 Approved end Date: 31-Dec-2015
                H1B visa extension New I-797 has Start & End Date: 1-Jan-2016 \ 31-Aug-2017
                (Note : My extension got filed for New Client within same city. Not sure how amendment , LCA represented. Awaiting doc and clarification from Attorney)

Plan to visit India next month (Sep 2015) and need to appear for stamping through Visa Waiver Program as I am eligible for this until 30-Sep-2015.

Tentative date to be appear for Visa Waiver program – Passport drop off at Chennai VFS on 25-Sep-2015. Which I-797 I need to refer for visa appointment and DS-160. What would be my start and end date of my visa.

I do need to come back US on Oct-2015. Any problem on my return travel as my new I-797 start date on future one.

Appreciate your help. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by grvijay View Post
                  Santosh - Did you had any problem at POE since you petition start date was future dated?? pl. let me know

Vijay
                  Could you guys (Vijay, Santosh, anilkumar, chandra) share your experiences? I am in the same situation.
                  Thank you for your help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by chandu26984 View Post
                    Hi Santosh,
                    Hope trip went well. I am also in same situation, can you please let me know, are there any issues you faced at visa stamping or at POE?

Thanks,
                    Chandra

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Santosh,?
                    Hope your trip went well. I am also same situation my new petition start date in 02/04/2016 and I am traveling to india in Dec, 2015.
                    can you please let me know, did you faced any issues while stamping or at POE? Please share your experience.

Thanks,
                    Chandra
                    Hello Chandra,

I am also in the same situation. Could you share your experience?
                    Thank you.

-TR

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock View Post
                      Hello Chandra,

I am also in the same situation. Could you share your experience?
                      Thank you.

-TR
                      Hi - Could some one clarify how this went and share your experience

Comment

Hi All,

Please share your experience, I am also in same situation and have ticket booked on 3rd June.

help me out please...

thanks
                        Surender

Comment

Guys..
                          Relax...I was in the same situation. I took both the petitions. Before meeting with VO, they were checking the documents and during that time, I informed about the multiple I-797 with different dates in it. They made a note of it. During the VO interview, after answering all the questions (not covered here) I told him I have two I-797 and wanted to make sure the dates are covered. He responded back saying that the issue date will be the date of the interview and they will mention both the I-797 numbers on the visa...

Upon getting the visa back, i found i had two numbers mentioned with their validity dates. So don't worry guys...As long you inform them you should be good...

Hope this helps!
                          Vijay

Originally posted by surendermca04 View Post
                          Hi All,

Please share your experience, I am also in same situation and have ticket booked on 3rd June.

help me out please...

thanks
                          Surender

Comment

What happens if it a dropbox situation?
                            currently my stamped visa is expired. I have I797 that valid till 21July 2019, then I have a approved extension from 22July2019 to Nov-2020. I ma planning to visit India in June,
                            As I am less 1 yr from the current stamped visa, I am eligible for visa waver. How do I ensure that the employee of dropbox has noted everything correctly

Comment

Originally posted by tosukanta View Post
                              What happens if it a dropbox situation?
                              currently my stamped visa is expired. I have I797 that valid till 21July 2019, then I have a approved extension from 22July2019 to Nov-2020. I ma planning to visit India in June,
                              As I am less 1 yr from the current stamped visa, I am eligible for visa waver. How do I ensure that the employee of dropbox has noted everything correctly
                              Hi, Can you suggest what happened when you did the Dropbox? I am in the same situation where
                              My current I-797 approval is valid till Mar 31 2020
                              My recent extension approval is effective Apr 1 -2020 to March 31 2023

During drop box did you explain anything? Please share your experience and suggestions that you can give me.

Thanks
                              Jaikumar. K

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X