Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1B transfer initiated

Hi,
    I am working for a company X on H1B, Now am planning switch the Job, I have couple of offers. Right now i decided to Join with new Employer B, They have transfer my H1B in premium and its approved also. The same time i got one more offer from another employer C, and they are initiated my H1B transfer in normal process. Am planning to join employer B first then, if i didn't like the assignment, planning to join with Employer C,

1- Is this possible to Join employer C after joining from Employer B with short notice, Let's say may be for a week or two i will be working there ?
    2- I have accepted the offer letter from employer B and signed also, If am not joining to employer B, is it a problem?
    3- Both my visa transfer initiated when i am working with employer X, So in this case if am joining B and after few days if am joining to employer C, Previously filed visa is enough or should employer C file a new visa transfer?

Please reply ASPS, I have decide based on the input.

1- Is this possible to Join employer C after joining from Employer B with short notice, Let's say may be for a week or two i will be working there ?
    >>> Possible. Keep in mind that while you are in H1B, you should be working and getting paid to maintain the H1B status. If Employer B doesn't pay you since you worked with them only for a short period, then you are considered out of status for that period.

2- I have accepted the offer letter from employer B and signed also, If am not joining to employer B, is it a problem?
    >>> Hard to comment. That depends on what you have signed.

3- Both my visa transfer initiated when i am working with employer X, So in this case if am joining B and after few days if am joining to employer C, Previously filed visa is enough or should employer C file a new visa transfer?
    >>> Previously filed petition is enough.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for reply

One more doubt,
      If short period if am in out of status will effect negatively?

I have signed offer letter only, its not any legal bond. I think that wont make any issue.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Possible. Keep in mind that while you are in H1B, you should be working and getting paid to maintain the H1B status. If Employer B doesn't pay you since you worked with them only for a short period, then you are considered out of status for that period.

>>> Hard to comment. That depends on what you have signed.

>>> Previously filed petition is enough.

Comment

It depends on what you consider to be a short duration. If the out of status duration is really short, then there will be no impact. If the duration is more than a week or so, then you can get questions by USCIS when you file the future petition or at the consulate when you attend the visa interview. It is easy to figure that out when they look at your year-end W2s.

Originally posted by Sal AH P View Post
        Thanks a lot for reply

One more doubt,
        If short period if am in out of status will effect negatively?

I have signed offer letter only, its not any legal bond. I think that wont make any issue.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

how did you faced this situation? i want to know if you faced any issues or everything went well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X