Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change

Hi,
    I am on H1B. I will undergo a name change (change in surname), due to some religous reasons back in India.

What are the things that I will need to make this happen? Is it possible at all?

What I thought was, I'll get an affidavit of name change from home town, then get the name changed in Passport, and then change name in Visa.

How does this work?

Thanks,

Abhilash

name change

Originally posted by amahapatra
    Hi,
    I am on H1B. I will undergo a name change (change in surname), due to some religous reasons back in India.

What are the things that I will need to make this happen? Is it possible at all?

What I thought was, I'll get an affidavit of name change from home town, then get the name changed in Passport, and then change name in Visa.

How does this work?

Thanks,

Abhilash
    hi

You need to get your name change notified in the Gazzette (If your home cty is India) and then get an endorsement made on your Passport for teh new name.

If you have a valid H1B visa, then you only need to send you Passport to the US Consulate serving your place of jurisdiction, with a small fee and fill out a name change correction form. YOu should get your Passport back in max 10 working days.

Not Legal Advice!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X