Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B visa renewed, Need clarity to fill DS160 with old and new passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa renewed, Need clarity to fill DS160 with old and new passport?

Hello Friends,

I have my H1-B visa renewed this year and I am planning to go to India to get it stamped in a week. I am eligible to use drop box service. I was filling DS 160 form and came across some questions,

I am living in USA. My old passport expired last year, so I renewed my passport by sending documents to Chicago. I got the new renewed passport. Now my new passport has the old address where I use to stay, I updated AR-11 form change on address in USCIS website. Now I am confused as such which passport information will go in DS 160.

If I use my new passport which makes sense it doesn't have the latest address which I updated in USCIS few months ago. Somewhere on this website I read if your getting stamped in India use your Indian home address, that makes perfect sense if your passport is not expired. But what needs to be done in my case.

Home address ?
    Passport # (old or new ?)
    Country/City issues (old or new ?)

Please give me some advice as I just have 1 week to get all this information. Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you
    Vinay

Home address ?
    >>> Your address in India. It doesn't need to match with what is in your passport.

Passport # (old or new ?)
    >>> Of course new passport. Why will you enter the old passport number which is no longer valid.

Country/City issues (old or new ?)
    >>> As per the new passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X