Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport for Spouse.

Hello All,
    We misplaced my spouse’s passport and have realized it just now after we moved to a new location for my job. I am now working towards applying a new passport for her and have the following questions;

1) Her H4 visa is valid till 14th Nov 2015, based on the stamping from my last job. Her H-4 was supposed to be filed via my new employer's attorney but the attorney messed it up and never sent the H4 application. Does the 14th Nov 2015 deadline be a valid reason for applying using Tatkal service?

2) I will be filing for lost passport report in my new location but honestly we do not recall when and where the passport was misplaced, would the authorities at new location accept the request and file our report?

3) The passport needs to be processed via the embassy located in Chicago, IL; do we have to go directly to the embassy and file the application or go to embassy, take an approval letter for filing the application and then submit it to the BLS location in Chicago?

Thanks,
    F12H1

Hello,
    Can someone comment when you have a moment?

Thanks,
    F12H1

Comment

1) Her H4 visa is valid till 14th Nov 2015, based on the stamping from my last job. Her H-4 was supposed to be filed via my new employer's attorney but the attorney messed it up and never sent the H4 application. Does the 14th Nov 2015 deadline be a valid reason for applying using Tatkal service?
      >>> Yes.

2) I will be filing for lost passport report in my new location but honestly we do not recall when and where the passport was misplaced, would the authorities at new location accept the request and file our report?
      >>> Hard to comment. Probably Yes.

3) The passport needs to be processed via the embassy located in Chicago, IL; do we have to go directly to the embassy and file the application or go to embassy, take an approval letter for filing the application and then submit it to the BLS location in Chicago?
      >>> You can do it through post. BLS has help desk that you can call to get more details. They are pretty much available by phone with a very little wait time.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X